• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sounds like a good deal for someone

bugimike

Yoda
That is a good deal! That is what I paid for a similar product 15 years ago (but without the holes!). If someone is interested in purchasing it, I could be of help as it is located within a reasonable distance from me!

healeyboz

Jedi Knight
You could turn your Bugeyed Sprite into a Shark Sprite! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

bugimike

Yoda
John Moore said:
That's been up on ebay for some time now.

I have also seen it re-listed a couple of times!! If it is a racing hood, it may be a bit flimsy for street use, but definitly a weight-saver!!

sim

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi
I think i may be interested. Not racing but my bonnet been bent and fixed and then tweaked. It is not a good fit.
I am only interested in street use. Think I could get this to fit with little gaps at the side. I have about 1.5 inch gap on left side.
I think if it was warped in thick plastic and insured for twice the value it would arrive here in Calif with out a problem. Please let me know.
Thanks
sim

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sim, please check your bonnet hinges. The high one sounds like it is bent. It can be straightened with a large screw driver in the hole in the bottom of the hinge and bending forward.

You have to remove the hinge from the bonnett and brace it up out of the way just a bit. Pad things well and give it a try. Worked for me.

If bonnet is low in the center put a padded 2x4 on the battery and lower the bonnet to bend it up a bit. Bending it down is more difficult but you get the idea.

sim

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
that was interesting as I walked by the car about 1 hour ago, I thought "that hinge is the problem". I will give that a try.Bet it got bent in the wreck the car was in when I bought it. That is story I must tell sometime.
I think I may still be interested in the fiberglass one

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Had my bonnet off so was easier, could measure hinges in various positions my drivers side one was 1/4" high. Now matches and expect to fit bonnet end of this week for sure.

Was a front corner accident as well some long time ago.

sim

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
on mine the surface that the hinge plate sits on is dented in about 3.8 of inch on left side. The right side is just fine.
I will try the fix when I pull the engine for Transmissions repair

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Great, you will have to get it right reguardless of which bonnet you use. Instead of trying to bend the bonnet mount where it is dented think about washers.

Branson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
i was very close to making a deal on that hood the first time he posted it, seller ended up balking....perhaps he would be open to an offer this time around?

I kinda liked the vents cut in the hood. Im thinking about doing the same thing to my steel hood.

bugimike

Yoda
I have had a 'glas hood for years, and would recomend it! (KEEP! you old metal one however - I didn't /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif !!!!), but be prepared to make it flip forward, it is easier to install and has many benefits! You might as well if you are making the switch (you can retain the old mounting holes, etc. for going back to the original!). /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif
PS: see other theads for front-flip setup! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Branson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
yup the plan is to go front flip. I am thinking about recessing some driving lights where the original turn signals would go. Theres a street rod shop here that has headlight housings that have the turn signal indicators in the same housing as the headlight.

Anyone tried the minimania front tilt hinge kit?

I still need to come up with a better radiator to help keep the rotary engine cool.

Country flag
My dad has a set of those headlights in his streetrod. They are very nice units.