• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

So what are your weekend plans?

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
Well the last of the parts I need showed up today so its looking like I'm changing a clutch, cyl head, camshaft, heater box, oil cooler, all oil hoses, transmission mounts, possibly a rear main seal and a rear bump stop.

What are your plans?

dklawson

Yoda
That's a lot to get done in one weekend. It sounds like work when you list it all like that. Have fun though!

This weekend we're off to the track where I'll be working as crew. Next Sunday is our big day. We're picking up a new project car for my sons... a '72 Spitfire.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Dam, Stew! Why don't ya do th' bottom end bearings, R&R th' oil pump and clean/paint th' engine bay while you're at it... *sheesh*!!! That's quite a LIST there.

Cut back onna coffee, man! We only get so many heartbeats for a lifetime! Use 'em up that fast and you'll be a good lookin' CORPSE! :jester:

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Gardening!

And hooking up a new wine cellar cooling unit (the old one crapped out after about 12 years, which I guess is OK)

And draining the skunky gas from the Lamborghini so I can put new in and start it.

And fitting the new high tension lead set to the Jensen CV-8.

And finishing the new gas tank installation in the MGC.

And.....

RickB

Yoda
wheel bearings again in the B,

maybe finish that Rustoleum paint job on the hood of the Midget,

wishing I was at Lake of the Ozarks mostly...

P6130054a.JPG

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
Never been a coffee drinker. I've got friday off so the fun and games start in the morning.

I wish I had the time otherwise I would strip the engine bay down have it media blasted then repaint it. Nothing like a nice freshly painted oil free engine bay.

19_again

Jedi Warrior
Well I just read in the latest MGB Driver about the speedo repair manual that's available for download, so I'll be tackling my jumpy needle after the oil change, the gearbox mount pads go in while I'm under there. Then I hope to be driving in between the rain drops as soon as I hop off the mower.

Shinsen774

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Trying to undo the DPO "repair" on the middle exhaust bracket......again. May go to the weekly Friday night Cruise-In at Chick-Fil-A and get my free sandwiches. Maybe my boot lid seal from MacGregor will come in the mail and I can put that on.

Steve_S

Yoda
Stewart said:
Never been a coffee drinker. I've got friday off so the fun and games start in the morning.

I wish I had the time otherwise I would strip the engine bay down have it media blasted then repaint it. Nothing like a nice freshly painted oil free engine bay.
I don't drink coffee either, and that's the painting I was referring to. The '65 B's engine bay is completely stripped, cross member off and ready for paint. But first I have to paint and reassemble the front suspension so I can get it to the paint shop, so that's my Sunday.

DenverMGB

Freshman Member
19_again said:
Well I just read in the latest MGB Driver about the speedo repair manual that's available for download, so I'll be tackling my jumpy needle ....

Where that at? I got one of them too. Low-down on the priority list right now though.

This weekend I'll mostly be testing and re-fitting the fuel pump I'm re-building right now (see my other thread...), fitting a new tank sensor/pickup and hopefully taking it for its first outing this year!

I'll be R&R'ing an old 4 wheel atv I got for free today.

DenverMGB

Freshman Member
Thanks 19_again. Interesting document - I can't wait to see the 2004 update!

Probably not going that far - my first fuel pump rebuild and I don't trust myself that much!

We drove the wife's Mini convertable through Morrison on Tuesday on our way to see Mark Knopfler at Red Rocks ampitheatre. Nice drive but no time for a drink at the inn :-( Great concert though.

Finishing up activities at MG2008 in Valley Forge...hot-footing it home (about 11 hours) on Sunday.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
DenverMGB said:
We drove the wife's Mini convertable through Morrison on Tuesday on our way to see Mark Knopfler at Red Rocks ampitheatre. Nice drive but no time for a drink at the inn :-( Great concert though.

That shoulda been GREAT! Not th' drive, th' concert. I'm envious.

WA1KWA

Jedi Trainee
Saturday - Tractor show.

Sunday - British Car Day at the Museuem of Transportation.

It's a man's life!

Colin

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
Well mine just came to a screaching stop. Need a speedi sleeve for the rear main seal or its just going to continue leak oil all over place. Drat

RickB

Yoda
I got my shims from Moss on Friday, so I put them in & packed the bearing yet again and then tightened up the hub and started breaking in the new brake pads today. mmm smelly...