• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Plus 2 wheels on a TR-6

OP
G

I started doing some calculations about this. I'm hoping someone can correct me before I make an expensive or stupid mistake...

I *think* that if I switch to a 17" wheel, a 17x7 will fit. If a 16x7 fits, then a 17" one ought to, right?

If the 16" is zero offset (a la Panasports 16x7) then a 17" one the same width ought to be the same, no?

Armed with these suppositions, and the fact that the wheels from a 240z are supposed to have the same size bolt pattern (by extension it appears a 260 and 280z also are the same).

17x7 seems readily available for z cars, so it's just a case of making sure the offset is correct, no?

Now the really cool bit - If I use a 205/60/17 on a 17x7 then the size is really really close to stock (assuming 80AR on stock).

If it's this easy I must have missed something, but what?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

OP
G

Will the spinners spin backwards at the redlight? (sorry, I had to say that)

There ain't a lot of clearance under there much past 205/15. Tire Rack (one of our sponsors?) is really helpful in figuring out real-time tire sizes over the phone.

Bill

OP
G

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

lmao

I wanted a tire size closer to the original but on a bigger wheel. Nothing on the ubiquitous 16x7 seems as good a fit. I need to find a panasport clone in that size/center though. The Z wheels I've seen so far are a bit supra for my taste.

If I get them in gold with purple neon centers shall I sign you up for a set?

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
don't forget to upgrade that alternator when you add the neon kit under the rockers!

OP
G

plus the lights under the car for the UFO look. Might as well go the whole hog, no?

OP
G

Don't forget the playstation mounted in the glove box so you can play Gran Turismo at stoplights.

OP
G

I was thinking more pimp my ride style - a plasma and a playstation in the trunk. It folds out when you open it. The problem is then where to put the 8 15" megawoofers. Underneath maybe?

Radford

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking more pimp my ride style - a plasma and a playstation in the trunk. It folds out when you open it. The problem is then where to put the 8 15" megawoofers. Underneath maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then you'll also need air bags so that you can raise and lower the car. I was thinkin that a 36" plasma might fit behind the seats and raise up for viewing over the boot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

OP
G

I like the plasma idea - anything to get rid of the two speaker boxes that are there now.

Actually the bass from the subs ought to be enough to lift the car if I put two on each corner. I'm still not sure about the orange and gold flames though - too much with the purple neon undercar lights and the plasma, or still tasteful?

What about a wing?

White furry dice are naturally de rigeur for an installation of this quality, and any suggestion they go will be treated with well deserved contempt... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif

In all seriousness, I guess that no-one really has tried 17's. From the responses, I'm beginning to see why.