• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Heritage interior BN7

BlueRidge1

Jedi Warrior
Greetings,

I have been trying for a few days now to contact Heritage to order a panel kit for our BN7 but they haven't answered the phone. I tried E-mail monday and I haven't recieved a reply to that yet either. Are they still in business? I contacted Moss about their kit and got a prompt response but the red that they offer is more of a burgandy and that wouldn't match the leather on my seats. I do have a sample kit that Heritage sent me in 2008 and they offer a poppy red which is a bright red and a pretty good match. Anyone know of another option if they don't respond soon. I would like to have the panels in by spring and it may take a while to get them.
Bob

OP
B

BlueRidge1

Jedi Warrior
Wheel Guy,

I need to drive down to your shop some time and get things balanced and trued up. I have a bent spare I'd like you to evaluate and repair if possible. (Disc wheels) I got a call from Tony (Owner Heritage Trim)today. He gave me some good advise and is going to quote me a price on a total interior. I was going to do just the panels but comparing my seats and carpet to his.. well not really in the same class. The way I see it is you pay for quality but it should increase the value of the car and heck, I get to enjoy riding around in a car with a great looking interior.
Looking forward to meeting you guys,i have heard only good things about your shop. I live near Hickory NC.
Regards
Bob Gardner

Country flag
Phoenix does great work. I've used them for carpet and the top on my 100-6. They seem to be flying a little under the radar, you don't hear much about them here on the Forum, but I would highly recommend them. Owners name is Joe Gallagher.

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey Bob,
I used Heritage to do the complete interior on a BN1 a couple of years ago.
They did the seat backs in house and I did everything else. Their quality is terrific and the work they did trimming out the two seat backs was perfect. I've redone quite a few Healey seats and have never been able to get them to look as good. Pricing is kind of high but you do get what you pay for. I do know they can be hard to get hold of but don't think that means anything else.
Just as a thought, you might look at AH SPares for a red interior. I have used them on several and their red is closer to a poppy red than the deep red Moss has available. Pricing is pretty good and quality also excellent. Sure they could send you a sample to match what you have. www.ahspares.co.uk
Good luck,
Mike

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
bighealeysource said:
Hey Bob,
I used Heritage to do the complete interior on a BN1 a couple of years ago.
They did the seat backs in house and I did everything else. Their quality is terrific and the work they did trimming out the two seat backs was perfect. I've redone quite a few Healey seats and have never been able to get them to look as good. Pricing is kind of high but you do get what you pay for. I do know they can be hard to get hold of but don't think that means anything else.
Just as a thought, you might look at AH SPares for a red interior. I have used them on several and their red is closer to a poppy red than the deep red Moss has available. Pricing is pretty good and quality also excellent. Sure they could send you a sample to match what you have. www.ahspares.co.uk
Good luck,
Mike
I was told that AH Spaers supplies MOSS their interiors. I was also told that Tanner uses the MOSS interiors but the difference is in a very experiences installer. I did receive two different red colors for my Healey. One from MOSS and another from AH Spares. I understand that the reds vary in color on the years for the early 3000's and the BJ8's.
Patrick

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey all,
I have purchased new interior kits from Moss and AH Spares for the same
series car - BN4 - and mine were definitely different. AH Spares seemed to be cut a tad more generous on the seat bottoms so they were easier to get a good fit versus the Moss kit. Plus as we have all said, Moss's red is almost a burgundy when compared to the standard red from AH Spares. Both good kits but I prefer AH Spares over Moss. Love Heritage but could only afford them one time! AH Spares does supply a lot of items to Moss for them to resale, chrome pieces, switches, you name it, a lot comes from them, but pretty sure Moss has their own in house uph shop. Catch Moss with their 20% off sale on their seat kits and hard to beat, as long as you want black versus their red. Think that red is a hold over from their starting in the T series MG business as MG's red is a dark red. Oh well, enough about red !!!
Regards,
Mike

richch

Jedi Trainee
Wow, I'm away from this list for just a few days and what a lot of wrong information takes place!
1. Heritage Upholstery is very much alive and well and are very busy.
2. They have NOTHING to do with Phoenix Upholstery beyond the fact that Phoenix owner Dave Gallagher once worked at Heritage and did a lot of Heritage's development and pattern work. Dave left Heritage over 6 years ago.
3. Much of Heritage's Healey pattern work has since been improved and refined for better, more accurate fit.
4. It's best to send Heritage an Email re inquiries and quotes. They are a relatively small and very busy shop but they WILL get back to you, perhaps not the same day, but within a few days.
5. Heritage's Poppy Red is extremely close to the original bright red as was used on the Healeys up to but not including the BJ8.
6. BJ8 owners wanting an accurate shade of their ICI Ambla red vinyl should ask for Heritage's Pharoah Red. It's an excellent match.
7. I'd suggest folks adding their comments to this Forum should be careful about their facts and try to avoid stating rumour and hearsay, especially when it's about businesses and their products.

Country flag
#7 = ?

rvm

Freshman Member
Country flag
On the subject of Heritage can anyone comment on there soft tops?
Any other recommendations for tops?
I require a white 2 seater top for a BN6.

Regards
Ross
1958 BN6

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey RVM,
Not to sound like a broken record but if anyone would offer a white one would be Heritage. Know AH SPares does not.
Good luck,
Mike