• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bellevue ABFM

68_sprite

Jedi Hopeful
Anyone in the NW area going to the ABFM on Saturday?

I took my Sprite out last night for it's first drive....so I hope to go. Only problem is that the accelerator wants to stick sometimes. Made it a thrilling ride.

RickB

Yoda
Hi Jean, I'm taking my little red car!!
It's all downhill between here and BCC so I'm sure I can make it :wink:

I'm looking forward to seeing your's - this is going to be fun!!

OP
68_sprite

68_sprite

Jedi Hopeful
well, it all depends on if I can get the accelerator to behave better. It has been a long road to get this far.

RickB

Yoda
I got an email from BillM he said:

"use a bicycle brake cable for your accelerator, it works much better than a BMC cable and lasts longer"

He's right about that, I've done it myself!

livinginthepast

Jedi Trainee
I'm going to try. I got hit with a large project and a very short deadline about a week ago and have been heads down every day ever since...But if I can catch up before EOB tomorrow, I'll be there - probably early to beat the heat.

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
And of course I will be there. I'll be there as usual, with the RED Sprite with the BLACK grill and the autox.team.net sticker on the windscreen. I know
several of the N.O.S.H.I.T. listers plan to attend, but not
about others..

Good to hear that you'll be back again Jean! I've been wanting to see your new ride since we talked in B.C.

RickB

Yoda
This will be my first time, I'll bring the MK2 Sprite.
It's got many problems & issues, but wth - it should be fun!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Question:</span> What should I bring besides my car?

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I bring chair(s), water, red bull, sunscreen, snacks, long pants AND shorts, camera,

RickB

Yoda
It's supposed to be hot tomorrow, extra water I suppose and a cooler to keep it cold.
Gee - maybe I'm going to need a support vehicle... :wink:

RickB

Yoda
Folding chair (or two)
Ice chest
Cold Beverages
Water & cups
Snacks
Sun umbrella
Sunscreen
Camera

(support vehicle for all that other stuff)

RickB

Yoda
Well, I've got her all cleaned up & vacuumed out and a couple naggy little things fixed so I guess I'm ready to go! :wink:

Now - to make sure I bring the things on my list... It's going to be tough to get all that stuff into the boot...

livinginthepast

Jedi Trainee
Well - I just decided; to heck with work - I can take a few hours off. I'm working in Issaquah, anyway, so I'll just run down 90 and stop by for a bit!

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
Glad that you made it Bill!
Good to meet you, now get those carbs fixed and DRIVE IT!!

BillM

livinginthepast

Jedi Trainee
Billm said:

BillM

It was great meeting you, as well!

As I mentioned to Rick, I was inspired when I arrived home, so I bolted the carbs back on and went for a drive. It runs a little better now after a partial disassembly and cleaning - although no matter what I do, it idles high. No amount of turning the idle screws will take it below 1000-1100 rpms! And the fuel leaking out is not much fun. :smile: I did manage to cure the endless run-on after shutting off the ignition, so that was good.

Anyway, yes, it was great to see you today and I look forward to future events and opportunities to get together.

Regards!

BillW

RickB

Yoda
livinginthepast said:
Billm said:

BillM

It was great meeting you, as well!

As I mentioned to Rick, I was inspired when I arrived home, so I bolted the carbs back on and went for a drive. It runs a little better now after a partial disassembly and cleaning - although no matter what I do, it idles high. No amount of turning the idle screws will take it below 1000-1100 rpms! And the fuel leaking out is not much fun. :smile: I did manage to cure the endless run-on after shutting off the ignition, so that was good.

Anyway, yes, it was great to see you today and I look forward to future events and opportunities to get together.

Regards!

BillW

Bill - what was causing the run on?
I've had that on my 78 since the last time we reinstalled the drive train.

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
Rick
Your carb (Datsun) should have an "anti-runon" valve that shuts-off fuel to the idle circuit when you shut off the ignition. It may be wired to the alternator side of the circuit and therefore still gets power whenever the alternator is running (even if the ignition is shut off). Check that.
Bill

RickB

Yoda
Ah - you are correct! I'll take a look although it never did this before. Maybe I've got wires crossed, there are a few connections to the carb.