• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

ABFM-B.C.

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Just a reminder that Victoria Day Weekend is upon us and an ABFM is again to be held at the VanDusen Gardens in Vancouver, B.C.

I think that of the three ABFMs held in the Pacific Northwest during the year, this one is the finest setting. A Botanical Garden become filled with 600 to 800 British Vehicles while the garden is lush with spring foliage in bloom.

Here's a link (https://www.westerndriver.com/?page_id=96)

NFI, YMMV, IMHO, etc.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
A very pretty place indeed... but, can't make it (especially since we'll be going to Seattle on Memorial Day weekend for the "King Tut" show). Have fun.

nomad

Yoda
So, how was the ABFM, Bill?? Saw some pretty pics on another forum. Little far for me but been to Vancouver and its a nice place.

Kurt.

OP
Pythias

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
This was the best yet. The weather was perfect. If ya wanted to wear pants or shorts, long sleeve or short, jacket or not, you would have been comfortable. They set a record for number of entrants saying they had 641. More Lotus cars than I have seen in one place ever. At one point I took a walk through the gardens and thought .. to heck with looking at the cars, the flowers could be the stars of the show! I took as many pics of them as I did of the cars.

On the Spridgets front, 6 BEs, 3 SWAs, plus 3 later Midgets nearby. Anita Orn's Mk II, Deep Pink, Unrestored Sprite won top prize over the BE's, the first time I've seen a square body win outright when the class is so lumped.

On a personal note, I had had the hard top on for way too long, but was leaving it on for Suzanne. Something came up for her at work, she couldn't make the trip at the last moment, so of the H.T. came the night before. I didn't have to put it back on until Sunday coming home. It started raining as I came into Seattle from the north and I was able to call her and she opened her garage door so I could roll right in. I averaged about 37 mpg for the 500 plus miles.

nomad

Yoda
I like native flowers myself, Bill. Drive my wife nuts stopping to check out native prairie. Not much left of it.

Well, we all like pics. I can't seem to get them loaded!

Kurt.

RickB

Yoda
Bill, sounds like a great time was had by all.
Especially glad you got some top down time in, that makes it all the better!
:smile: