• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

ABFM Belleuve

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Just a reminder for all the Pacific Northwest users, ..... The Belleuve All British Field Meet is this Saturday at Bellevue Community College. More info on their web page. I won't provide a link, you can Google it. I will be there for the my first show of the year having missed the Vancouver BC show. It will be the first one for me since the engine swop, and I'm hoping to see many of the NO$HITTERS there, as it's been a while.

NFI

RickB

Yoda
Wish I could be there and spend time with you Bill, but I'm stuck in Alaska being forced to catch a bunch of fish...
:glee:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Was just up on the Seattle (for a high-school chum get-together) and can't manage another trip this weekend. :apologetic:

BillW103

Jedi Trainee
I wish the ABFM wasn’t on the same day as the Good Guys. I have been going to the Good Guys for over 20 years and it is a tradition with a group of friends. I went to the ABFM in 09 and there weren’t many Sprites there and people weren’t paying much attention to them. At the Good Guys it is so amazing watching people walk by a $60,000 hot rod to look at the Bugeye. The best is when a family comes by and the wife and kids are hot and tired but a big smile comes to there face when they see the Bugeye. Have a good time at the show.

OP
Pythias

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Labor Day Weekend.. ABFM-PDX, a given...... my "home" show...
plus I turn 60 on Labor Day this year.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
See ya over Labor Day at Portland Raceways?

Yep... registered for Portland ABFM. See you there. Maybe Pete will be there in his relatively new (last year) MGA.

Perfect birthday activity as well. I turned 60 last August.

OP
Pythias

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
No pictures yet. The weather was perfect. I don 't know what the deal was all around but what lousy turnout for Sprites. Last year we had SEVEN square bodies, this year TWO.... last year we had at least SIX BEs, this year THREE. Only THREE Midgets. .. Last year we had convinced the organizers that the box sprites needed a separate class and this year they accommodated us. But only FIVE total Sprites?! .. The box Sprites weren't even from the Seattle area. Mine from Kelso and the other one from Portland Oregon. .. I won a prize for the first time, but only by default.

As I understand it, the college is going to expand into the parking lot area and this was the last year for the show to be held at that venue. .. No new location yet.

RichBall

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I think entries were down this year due to the restrictions on space because of the construction of the collage's new nursing school and the word sent out through the clubs that because of space restrictions morning of registration could be limited.

As for next year, rumor has it that it will be in a more "park" like setting similar to the Vancouver ABFM. I'll try to drag more info out of Steve when I see him next Tuesday.