• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

2014 Driving Season...

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Put both car's "to bed" last night - 2014 Driving Season is done for me, this spring & summer was horrible for nice driving weather, did make a couple car shows & still managed to get a couple thousand miles on between the 67 & 74... First time I have both cars stored in the same garage, one on dolly's across the back of garage & the other nosed up to it's side - all in a 1950's single car garage ! - No major repairs required this winter (unlike last winter - rebuilding the 74's Tranny), next spring the 67 will get a new exhaust pipe & I have to finish painting the 67's steering wheel, my first attempt didn't work out, aside from that, here's hoping for better weather next year !

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Put the Stabil in my tank... but I'm still going to try to get out on some crisp (but sunny) days from now until April.

nomad

Yoda
Jer, this year in the midwest was really a bust for us as well. Nothing but rain. Only made a couple of trips in a Midget and one of those I never got the top down because of constantly threatening weather.

Kurt.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
After my first full season as an LBC owner, I'm winding down, but still driving. Right now the plan is to keep the car going until Thanksgiving. I've been slowly amassing parts for my winter overhaul. The big project this year will be redoing the seats, fixing a few things behind the dash (burnt out lights) as well as all the basic maintenance (fluid changes, cap and rotor, wires, valve adjustments), and a couple of small rust spots that need to be addressed.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I am in denial Jer. The car hasn't gone into storage yet even though I need the space. Hoping for even one more day. But, you are correct it was a lousy summer for driving everywhere here in Ontario.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
In hindsight I do regret selling Bugsy I, my '68 Sprite with BE Bonnet to help finance restoration of Bugsy II. It's been 18 months since he left and I've been in LBC Withdrawal ever since. I would have loved the opportunity to drive Bugsy II but he is a long way from bring done. Hope to get the engine compartment powerwashed and have him up on the rotisserie shortly.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
In hindsight I do regret selling Bugsy I, my '68 Sprite with BE Bonnet to help finance restoration of Bugsy II. It's been 18 months since he left and I've been in LBC Withdrawal ever since.

I understand that feeling all too well. I sold my '70 RHD MGB to fund Penny's work, then wound up buying the GT to give me something to play with while working on Penny. Would have been cheaper in the long run to have just kept the old B around until Penny was done.

Ah well, only so much time and money to go around. :smile:

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
I drive until they "brine" the roads here. Had a near miss with a snowstorm last week and I'm not sure what's going to happen tomorrow morning. Wish me luck. I just filled my tank with 110/leaded VP fuel and I want to burn some more of it ! :driving:

15314422848_5312bf306e_z.jpg

15314503127_cf126445cc_z.jpg

15543793187_23da4b5b86_z.jpg

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Great pics, Steve. Good to see Tunebug out and about.