• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Spridget Mountain Driving Tour : Mid-Atlantic

Scargo

Country flag
Greetings Spridgeteers !

I would like to poll any fellow Sprite/Midget owners in the Mid-Atlantic area as to who might be interested in embarking on a multi-day scenic drive in the Shenandoah and Blue Ridge Mountain regions of western Virginia sometime in the late Spring of 2022.

My thoughts are to meet up in Charlottesville, VA. and head north on scenic secondary roads to Front Royal. From there we would pick up the start of the Skyline Drive and continue south and onto the Blue Ridge Parkway. This would most likely be a three day event all-in, with the option of dropping out after the second day for those who prefer that. If I receive enough interest, I will continue the planning and would make the arrangements for the meeting place as well as the lodging accommodations along the Parkways each night.

We could either arrange this as a mid-week run to avoid potential congestion on the Parkways, or we could straddle a weekend for those who have day jobs or other weekday commitments. If and when I receive any initial interest, I will start to get a bit more serious and will fill in those interested parties with additional details as they develop.

We have done this same thing with a small group classic Mini's three times in the past four years, and each time we all had an absolute ball.

Please either respond here so all can see or contact me privately.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
It's tempting -- even more so if the route got closer or went into Maryland. I'm not so sure my Sprite could make the journey down to the start line in Charlottesville. Farthest the car has been from home is 65 miles. I've still been mulling a trip over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to take the car to my daughter. Once over the bridge, the Eastern Shore back roads are great.

OP
S

Scargo

Country flag
I would like to schedule this run for sometime during British Car Week which runs from May 28 thru June 5 this year.

> British Car Week :: Annual Awareness Week Promoting the British Car Hobby <

I have received around 8-10 positive responses so far including some "maybes". Some were generated here but most responses have come from members on the Midget Forum over on MG Experience.

I'd like to ask anyone here who may be interested to please PM me and provide me with an email address so I can add you to the private mailing list I am setting up for those potential participants.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You do realize that the 28th is the start of the Memorial day Weekend,
which means prices for hotels will be higher.
The 27th (Friday) is our Anniversary.

OP
S

Scargo

Country flag
You do realize that the 28th is the start of the Memorial day Weekend,
which means prices for hotels will be higher.
The 27th (Friday) is our Anniversary.
Yes, I do realize that. When I mentioned those dates I was only referring them being British Car Week.

As noted in my initial posting, my intention is to plan this as a mid-week event during that timeframe, for various reasons.

Country flag
It's tempting -- even more so if the route got closer or went into Maryland. I'm not so sure my Sprite could make the journey down to the start line in Charlottesville. Farthest the car has been from home is 65 miles. I've still been mulling a trip over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to take the car to my daughter. Once over the bridge, the Eastern Shore back roads are great.
Hey David, I’ve had that car on 100+ mile runs numerous times, including over the Bay Bridge. I’m sure you have it in better shape now then it was then. Go for it!
Larry

OP
S

Scargo

Country flag
I have heard from 12 people who have expressed possible interest in participating in this drive. All of those responses came from members of either this Forum or the MG Midget Forum on MG Experience. Detailed planning will begin soon, so I wanted to put a reminder out there for any of you who either missed the initial posting of this information or have been undecided. If you wish to join us, please drop me a PM, as I plan to generate a private email list in order to communicate directly with only those interested parties. If you have any questions you can post them here or PM me.

Jayplum

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Depending on your schedule there is a British Car Day on June 10th in Mt Airy, Md which is off Rt 70. I just became aware of it and will try to get it on the calendar.