• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1989 Jaguar xj6 key and headlights

Tophatchef

Jedi Hopeful
I need a copy of my car key made, and I'd really like an original(my current key is a copy). I asked Jaguar, and they don't sell keys!
Also, my headlights(low beams) aren't very bright, and I wanted to replace them with something stronger, but all of the headlight conversion kits are for Jag's made after 1990.
Any help is appreciated!

B_Ski

Freshman Member
You can get housings with replaceable H4 bulbs and then add a hid kit to them for added light if your really wanting to brighten it up.

there are some cheap ones on ebay diamond cuts or something like that or you can drop some big money on the hella ones.

keys I'm no help...

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
XJ40s came with 4 keys. One was mounted under the hood on top of the left fender, one was in the glove box and 2 came on a key ring. You might try XKs Unlimited, they do have original blanks aailable for some models.

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
Try our supporting vendor Jagbits. They have New Old Stock keys for the earlier XJ6s, and XJSs. I have never tried to get XJ40 keys though Since you don't have tibbe keys they should be fairly cheap.

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
If you are looking for the diamond shaped blanks on the shaft I have two unkut for $30 for both.

OP
T

Tophatchef

Jedi Hopeful
Well, I've looked all over the internet for an original key, even under the car hood(just in case), and no luck. Tomorrow, I'll try a local lock smith to see if I can at least get a spare key.

With regards to the headlight dilemma, I found some really cool lights with blue led rings, but they are 7", and when I measured mine, they were 5.75".
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H6024-ROU...sQ5fAccessories

I was able to find plenty of some average 5.75" headlights, but I don't know which to go for.
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-90-71-...08568QQtcZphoto
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-75-5-3-...96876QQtcZphoto

Tomorrow, I'll go to the auto parts store, and see if they have a conversion I can buy their.