• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Introduction

TR_Jim

Jedi Trainee
I've been watching this forum for a few months and finally decided it was time to join. My name is Jim and I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. I'm currently working on a '73 Spit6 (bought already converted) and ignoring my '67 TR-4A and '68 GT6. They are drivers that I've owned 9 and 4 years respectively. I got the LBC bug many years ago in college, and after many years of tuition, etc. have enjoyed getting back to TR preservation and restoration. Great bunch of guys in this forum. I'm looking forward to learning, laughing and helping!

Attachments

• 104012-TR_002.JPG
    104012-TR_002.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 97

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome to the forumn, Jim! Graet pair of TRs you have there! I have a Spitfire myself (among other things). Glad you finally decided to join (what took you so long?)

Cheers,
Basil

MDCanaday

Jedi Knight
I have always thought that the spit6 should have been made and sold as the "Hurricane" to pay homage to the other great plane that saved Britan. It should be a lot of fun, the ones I have seen were sweet!!
Glad to have you with us
MD(mad dog)

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Welcome aboard Jim. I also own a couple of Spits. Have thought about maybe making a spit six a few times. I am a big fan of the looks of the GT6, and your TR4 looks great.

OP
TR_Jim

TR_Jim

Jedi Trainee
Thanks for the warm welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
As I said before, I've been watching this forum for a while, so I know I'll enjoy being a part of it. I've attached a photo of my current project...the Spit6.

Thanks again,

Attachments

• 104059-Spit6.JPG
    104059-Spit6.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 128

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Welcome to the forum. these guys are great. and loaded with good ideas. I gotta love your collection, with a TR4A myself and having been within an unfolding wallet of buying a spit-6 project, I think thats why this forum works so well. we all think alike, to an extent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"we all think alike, to an extent." I think that goes back to great minds thinking alike. We also all have wonderful taste here, I mean we did choose Triumphs didn't we.

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
WELCOME! We're glad to have another LBC fan to join in our meschugas

KVH

Darth Vader
Country flag
Great Site and Pics, Jim. Do you handle all your own repairs? I guess you pulled the engine to repaint the compartment?

Winston

Jedi Trainee
Jim,
Please allow me to join the chorus of welcomes.
I have had your site saved to my favorites for a couple of years. Fun site.
I even used one of the TR4a pics as a screen saver for awhile. My wife thought it was a picture of our engine.
Look forward to all your input.

OP
TR_Jim

TR_Jim

Jedi Trainee
Thanks Kentvillehound and Winston. I'm glad you enjoyed my site. Yes, I do all my own repairs. The only thing I haven't attempted yet is a full engine rebuild. Fortunately, my cars keep running! No, I didn't pull the engine to paint the engine bay. I removed as much as possible from the engine, and the bay, masked what was left and painted it from a spray can. I figured that would make the bay look decent until the day comes the car needs a respray.
Winston...There is a $1.00 charge for the use of my photo for every time you started up your computer. Do you remember how many times that was?...Kidding, of course! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm complimented.

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Jim,
Welcome, and the site looks great. Amazing what you can do with a spray can if you take time and a tac cloth, well done.
Wayne