• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Introduction

DavidDeutsch

Just wanted to drop a note to introduce myself. My name is David Deutsch and I'm from East Meadow, NY. I am an MGaholic that owns and drives: 1975 Mallard Green MGB, 1978 Pageant Blue Midget and a 1980 Carmine Red MGB (there's also my 1973 Dodge Dart in the driveway). The work in progress is a 1973 Harvest Gold B Roadster. We do not count parts cars, do we? What the hey... if we do, there's a 78 B, one of them, out there as well. I am a Truck Driver for a fuel oil company, which gets me lots of time off during the MG driving season.

My 25 year old son, Adam, drives a 1972 MGB Roadster, his first and only car. They (he and the car) have recently moved to Urbana, IL where he teaches and studies at U of IL.

Eileen (wife) and I have traveled all over the US and Canada in the MGs. Our biggest and best adventure was earlier this year when we drove to Olympia WA for MG 2005. By the time we reach the MT /ID border we had 14 cars in our caravan.

I do all my own mechanical work and enjoy helping out my fellow MG enthusiasts when ever possible.

Eileen and I are proud members of: MG Car Club - Long Island Centre, Connecticut MG Car Club, Long Island Triumph Association (looking for a Spitfire), North American MGB Register and American MGB Association. I guess you could say that I am a firm believer in supporting organizations that provide services and host events geared to the British Car Enthusiast's interests.

I'm please to make your acquantance and hope to meet many of you down the road and along the way, in the future.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch

jcatnite

Jedi Knight
Welcome to the best forum on the 'net. Sounds like you have a great bit of experience with our favorite toys. I have to warn you though, this forum is addicting and you will find yourself wondering if there are any new posts at very strange times...lol
JC

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the best forum on the 'net. Sounds like you have a great bit of experience with our favorite toys. I have to warn you though, this forum is addicting and you will find yourself wondering if there are any new posts at very strange times...lol
JC

[/ QUOTE ]

Like now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Welcome, David. Looks like yours is a true family affair. Glad to have you aboard.

Mickey

Bugeye58

Yoda
Welcome aboard, Dave. You've come to the right place, as most of us here are addicts. Thankfully, non-recovering ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Jeff

RTR52nd

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Welcome Dave!
On behalf of those of us in the early throes of LBC-aholism who are full of questions, it's great to see another member sign on with a wealth of experience and knowledge to add to the pot. (Also good to see another from this neck of the woods)

Rob

Steve_S

Yoda
So we meet again! David and I have been exchanging posts intermittantly on the UK board for the apst 10 years. He's definately an MG-aholic.

Welcome to the madness! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OP
D

DavidDeutsch

LL, I'll be out in Napa Valley for MG 2007.

Steve S., I believe it was your post on MGB Experience list that lead me here... Thanks

Rob, Where in NYC are you?

JC, I got a sister in Yadkinsville, NC

Jeff, We took the 75 B out to St Paul for MG 2001 and on the way back went thru the U.P. of MI. They got these big orange bee like flying things up there in July! I had to stop and clean them off the front of my radiator cause they were restricting the air flow so much I started to over heat.

Patton, We were out to Dallas for MG 2002 with the 80 B. In fact it was that car's maiden voyage shake down run.

Mickey, So is that Monkey's song about taking a train to your town? Used to travel thru TN all the time when I transported school buses from Conway, AR to NY. Thinking about it makes me feel old as it was 25+ years ago. Think I had the 63 Monterey and 68 Cougar back then.

Anyhow... thanks for making me feel welcome.

David

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Mickey, So is that Monkey's song about taking a train to your town? Used to travel thru TN all the time when I transported school buses from Conway, AR to NY. Thinking about it makes me feel old as it was 25+ years ago. Think I had the 63 Monterey and 68 Cougar back then.

Anyhow... thanks for making me feel welcome.

David

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is! I didn't realize it at the time, but it was actually a bit of a "protest" song back then. I was living in Shreveport, a very innocent high schooler when that was a hit. Who knew...

BCruzn

Jedi Hopeful
Hey David.Good to see your getting around. Talked with you on the BBS a while ago. For those of you who don't know david, he's a good man with a wide knowledge of MGs. He's also the Chairman of NAMGBR. Hope you don't mind me saying Dave. He would be an asset to any forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

RTR52nd

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hey David -

I'm up in beautiful Washington Heights - 181st St.- but my car currently resides in southeastern Connecticut. I don't get to see her as much as I'd like, but it'll get done.

OP
D

DavidDeutsch

Lee, I'm actually the immediate past Chairman of North American MGB Register. October 22nd's Annual General Meeting and election ended my " reign of terror" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif. I was out on term limits... time for a change. Thanks for mentioning though.

Rob, Washington Heights was my Dad's old neighborhood... although it's a little different now than it was in the 20's and 30's. I gotta get up to the Cloisters again soon... last time I was there was when I did a college paper about the Tapestries hanging there. That was 76' and remember driving up the winding entrance in my 1963 Galaxie convertible.

BCruzn

Jedi Hopeful
David, found that out this morning when I read the MG Driver, oops. Reign of terror? Right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

LLAngus

Jedi Knight
Dave,

Keep me posted on the 2007 at Napa. I haven't been to one and would like to go, as it is only 75 miles from the house. They must be using Sears Point Raceway for something. I graduated from college with the owner of the Bud distributorship and maybe I can get some "prizes". etc.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Welcome David:

I have actually used your east-coast USA EVENTS PAGE to find out what's going on here in the Metro-NY area.
That is usually how I find out the dates for Britfest, FallFest and so forth. Thanks!

Nial