• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

First time in my life after 7 yrs

pvergon

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif just wanted to share with you all that this last saturday was the first time i ever heard my engine "rooar" for the first time in my life. to make the story short, this car stopped working when i was a little boy, which means that i dont recall it´s sound ... now that i´m almost 30, after 7 yrs of restoration i heard it working perfectly after several amount of hours invested in the engine and transmition. it was beautiful!!!!!!!! i must say, deffenetly worth waiting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif so for those of you who are still working out there on your engine ... keep the patience ... cause its worth it. for those of you who are rolling, enjoy them as much as you can ... greetings from guatemala ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hola, Pablo - Felicitaciones para su exito!

It is so rewarding to hear the engine come to life. I'm about ready to try to start the MGB that I've been working on, though not for as long as you have. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mickey

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Hola, Pablo - Felicitaciones para su exito!

Mickey

[/ QUOTE ]

Er.......what he said. I hope it was nice! Congratulations, well done. That really is a great feeling isn't it?

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sure any one on this forum can appreciate how you felt when your engine came to life. Keep us posted on future developements.

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Cheers, L'chaim, Prost and all those other toast lines!

Outstanding, and congrats.

Few engine/exhaust notes are as fun (and surprisingly big from such a small lump!) as a TR2-6's.

Enjoy,
Sam

Kurtis

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I can only imagine how you must feel. During my engine rebuild, I only went a little over a year without hearing the "roar" of my engine, and I distinctly recall the feeling of euphoria I experienced the first time in caught fire after the down time.

Good luck in getting the car back on the road!

V

vagt6

Congratulations, that's a big milestone in any restoration project. I'll bet you'll always be able to recall the sound you heard that day.

Believe it or not, I can still hear my first GT6 engine with the Ansa exhausts (very loud), and I sold it almost 30 years ago!

MGTF1250Dave

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Aloha,

Congratulation on this significant achievement. I'm sure it is a proud moment for you, as it should be. I'm additionally happy that one more Triumph has been returned to life. This will no doubt further motivate you to complete the restoration. Good Luck.

I read your post at about the same time son telephoned me to say he just started the engine in his TR3. He just reassembled the engine after rebuilding the cylinder head. He was both excited and proud of his accomplishment.

Safety Fast,
Dave

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
We all share your joy!
Very encouraging to hear of your success for someone like me just starting on a major rebuild!
Simon.

OP
P

pvergon

thank you all ... i must say that all of this has been against all odds considering that this car has a Jtype overdrive and since it´s so hard to find spare parts and people who really know about these cars here in Guatemala, Central America. thanks ....... paul.

OP
P

pvergon

thank you all, it´s been really rewarding, i´m now in the last details of tunning the engine and unluckily i have a leak on the transmition which means that soon i´ll have to repair it, but hey that is part of the fun, it´s kind of wierd cause somehow i dont want the repairing phase to end, cause it´s been all so much fun, but, money wise i know i´ll be a relief to know that i no longer have en excuse to spend a whole bunch of money on "my precious" TR.

thank you all it´s so much fun to share these experiences with other crazy car lovers that truely understand what this hobby is all about.

keep practicing your "español - spanish"... for all of you who tried ... saludos,

Paul Vernon