• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

This has to be a record price

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
92K and not to reserve... for a Chrysler V-8 with a trunkful of Lucas relays.
Egad. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Country flag
Ok....riddle me this: This was supposedly a car with 3303 miles on it displayed in a museum collection, and was purchased by a reknown restorer who "with the objective of preservation" basically gutted the car??? Does that strike anyone else as odd?? Why would a car with 3000+ miles need that much work?? The rubber pieces I can understand, but the complete interior and top? And 2 YEARS to do "sympathetic maintenance"? By a professional shop?

Something here doesn't add up.......or is it just me??

Doesn't matter, I don't have 92+K burning a hole in my check book anyway!! LOL

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
"Not to be confused with restored examples of the marque, this is without doubt the most original and breathtakingly beautiful Jensen in existence."

Well, no it's not!

The only original part on this car seems to be the body.

"A complete suspension rebuild, new stainless steel exhaust system and new stainless steel gas tank were installed. Mr. Meyer rebuilt the thermo-quad carburetor, replaced the fuel pump, removed the engine and replaced the firewall covering, fitted a new fast-wind starter, new hoses, belts, senders and valves. Re-cored the radiator, rebuilt the complete brake system with stainless caliper pistons and fitted new Michelin z-rated tires. The craftsmen at K&D Enterprises then expertly replaced the entire beige leather interior with new hides that were special ordered from Connelly Leather in England to the original grain pattern and color, and finally, replaced the convertible top with the original color British Everflex vinyl and wool headliner."

My MGB had newer carpets, wood steering wheel, new shifter knob, at some time the tyres had been replaced (allowable, I know) and the water pump had been replaced. Nothing else had ever been touched, but I would never have described it as being "completely original", because in truth it was not!

Greedbay hype I'm afraid. Breathtakingly beautiful? That I could not argue with, but "the most original Jensen in existence"? There are some barn-find rats out there which are far more original than this!

Okay, rant over!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

malice

I wouldn't pay anywhere near that much for it. Whoever does, probably doesn't really care exactly how original it is, or atleast I hope they have the money to burn. hahah.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
How do you spell "BOGUS" auction? Every bidder's identity is private, not even the little "Bidder 1", "bidder 2", etc.

Somebody's running the price up to set a value!

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
Amazing...simply amazing! Remind me to avoid any museum or car dealer who would store/display something like that under such poor conditions that so much remedial work would be necessary.

At worst: scam. At best: a classic case of $$$$ > brains. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

malice

$$$$$ > brains. I like that. Thats what I was fishing for in my earlier reply. : )

bugimike

Yoda
Pfft! Tony called that one right!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I'm almost tempted to challenge ebay on the authenticity of the auction & the bidders!

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Folks;

This is probably the same Scam guy who`s giving away TR3s/TR250s & now Austin Healeys for avg of $7500.00; Totally Restored Examples:

I`ve personally place a Bid of over $100K on the last item this Dude listed; BRG TR3A for asking price (In listing desc only)of only $7900.00:

At $100K; I did`nt win the car nor did I at least get a /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thankyousign.gif from the Seller!

So a Stag for over $90K; "I don`t think so"!!

Help me to get this guy off ebay by bidding ridiculous figures:

Thanx, Russ /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

kcbugeye1275

Jedi Knight
You know, I have a museum quality bugeye this guy could sell that is nearly stock, only mods, 1275 overbored .040 SC motor, 5 speed, later disc brake brakes, later duel master cyl., different wheel and tyre combo,, 3.9 diff, oil cooler(thats all I can think of for the moment). What do you think, $75,000?

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Anyone can put any price on any car they want. Doesn't mean it will sell nor does it set any kind of records.