• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 This could be interesting TR6 350 V-8

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
Cool find!~

I like what he did with the bumpers and dash...

do you think he just painted the bumpers?

i wonder what he did about the suspension...

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Nice concept /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Is it common in your cars to hide the radio in the glove box compartment? Seems like a good idea but where would I put all the paperwork?

bobh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Interesting. There are no heater/vent/choke controls. The dash support is also missing. I didn't read the entire description. Did he beef up the rear?

tomshobby

Yoda
I like the idea of these conversions. One of the best I have seen had a Corvette IRS rear diff and suspension. I do not remember the year of The Vette.

This car looked really nice until the underside pics. All that work and claims of the PO builder being such a perfectionist and nothing done there?

The rear of the car with its red paint instead of the original Triumph flat black is my favorite feature. I never understood why the black anyway.

I am not a fan of the red dash and steering wheel spokes. Must have had some paint left over.

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I like the scoop on the bonnet also. Car probably screams

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it screams " HELP ME!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

roofman

Jedi Knight
This car was listed a while ago ( couple months?) and apparantly did not sell or the buyer backed out. I had a tr6 at one time done in a street racer motif red body with dual 10" wide silver metallic stripes on the hood and trunk. I had the bumpers powder coated a silver metallic that was way cheaper than rechroming and it looked awesome when done, no chrome but all silver metallic trim. I am not so sure about body color bumpers, but looks better than no bumpers. I vote no on the dash top, but give him an 8 for trying something completely different.

Country flag
Nice conversion... but I object to their headlining it as a "restoration"... that seems far, far too elastic when they've pulled the original engine and dropped an American V8 into the hole. If that's "restored" I'll eat my hat, and yours too.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif

Truth in advertizing... no. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

swift6

Yoda
If I had ever wondered about body color bumpers on a TR6, now I don't have to. Definitely not a good look with that color.

T

Tinster

Paul- What do you think?

I buy the good TR6 and have it shipped here to Puerto Rico.

The Crypt Car needs at least another $10,000 in engine,
tranny work, clutch, diff, etc. So I will have a great
TR6 with a V-8 and the always dead Crypt Car goes to the
car crusher where it seems to want to go.

What's your opinion?

regards,

dale

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
Chevy Forum? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior
I like the bumpers---I run mine without bumpers but Im considering putting them back on and doing the matching paint. All the gaps look even and tight on this car and the body almost looks flawless. Dont like the dash, Dont like the no heater, Dont like the radio in the glove box. A car with this much work shouldnt look like it does underneath. If I remember right from the last time the reserve was way up there.

piman

Darth Vader
Hello all,

a V8 TR6, no thank you especially as it is an automatic, what sports car has an automatic gearbox?

Alec

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
"must be a girls car"

Oh no I didn't say that............... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I saw an MGB with a 454 Big Block that was all worked over at the Carver MG show a few weeks ago. It had a narrowed Ford rear end and a beefed Turbo 400. The guy who owned it was almost as big as the car and some wise guy made that same crack about the automatic. It didn't go over very well.

This car had 20" slicks on the back and was definitely not a crusin' car, but it sure would be fun for one pass down the 1/4 mile lane.

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Dale, I'll bet the distributor rebuild takes car of your problems. You may also want to buy a new coil just to be sure all of the junk is gone. Get it done, carefully set the timing and then tweak the carbs and that baby will be on the beach faster than Frankie and Annette!

jeff3113

Jedi Hopeful
I also recall this a couple months ago on E bay. I think it got to about $9k without hitting the reserve.
I asked about the differential and was informed it was stock. LOL -with 300Hp?!?!? For the next several WOT runs it is... Bet it is NOT fun with the torque steer from that open differential...

see what happens this time!
jeff3113