• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TRF

mylesw

Jedi Hopeful
Hello

I recently had to return some parts to the TRF and I am still waiting 6 weeks later for them to credit the amount back to my credit card. Several reminder e-mails have been sent and phone calls made but still no refund. Is it common to have to wait this long for refunds from TRF or am I the exception?

Note that I do not want to malign TRF as I am grateful to all the suppliers for what they do to keep our cars on the road, I just want to know if I am experiencing normal service or not.

Thanks

Myles

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I think e mails are a waste of time at TRF. Calling and talking to CS is the best way.
Next time you call ask them about my British flag comforter :laugh:

T

Tinster

Don't know for sure. Slow some times, slower other times.
I ordered some small bit 27 months ago and it is still
on back order. But nice folks none the less.

d

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
I have had the same experience. They are good at accepting returns and swaps, but real slow on reversing charges. By the time I was getting ticked off over my refund, I had other things to buy, and just used it as a store credit. I know you should not have to put up with this type of thing, but that's the way they seem to do business.

If you are really pressed to get your refund, and if it is within the window your credit card company allows, they will take care of it for you. But call and give them the opportunity to make things right.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Call and talk to Dave or Chuck. I've never waited more than a week for any issue to be resolved.

Did you verify that they received it?

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
I have been waiting for a month for a credit -- customer service checked with the payables area (or whomever) and they said it would be done but who knows when?

I suspect they manage the cash flow a bit by posting the credits a few at a time.

Because the amount is over $600 I filed a charge dispute through my credit card company to be on record that the charged amount is not owed.

I did that reluctantly but felt I should just to be covered if something really went south in Armagh... otherside I could be an unsecured creditor with a $600 loss.

I like TRF but this practice is making me wary of doing big purchases with them.

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
I have know Charles R since college days. He and the folks at TRF are a pleasure to work with, but keep in mind this is a very small firm. They have to keep it that way to keep the businees going. I work with TRF as a customer and a supplier and yes I need to call them with a reminder from time to time. If the question is regarding anything relating to accounting ask for Debbie or Beckie.
:whistle:

G

"Leave Britney Alone!"

I have had issues with all the major vendors. Moss kept a $900 credit hidden from me for almost a year. Granted I am a lousy bookkeeper but they shoulda called. Ya just gotta work with TRF, they do mean well and are a valuable resource for us all.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
TR6BILL said:
"Leave Britney Alone!"

I can always count on Bill for making the best quote! That video still has me smiling.

Randy

G

Nice people. Poor customer service. Nice people though. It's costing them customers. Nice people though.

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
TRF is the nicest, best people and probably the best products out there. I purchased over 90 % of my products from them with only 1 problem that I can remember since the early 80's. Ya they can be a little slow even on new orders but it is a business they are running after all and they need to keep you happy to retain your loyalty. Remind them of that! But business is business no matter how nice they are. Cover your butt and file with your credit card only after the appropriate amount of time and warnings are given. Good luck!

PATR8

Jedi Knight
When I was a new Triumph owner a few years ago I had ordered some brake parts and a few various other things from Sir Charles. The brake parts were back ordered and I pretty much forgot abou them and ordered them from some where else. Fast forward, or very slow forward, TRF came thru with the parts 18 months late. But they were the correct parts and quality parts. I like Charles and his little factory in Armaugh

G

I recently lost the 2 clips on my carbs that secure the choke cables. Dave said they are back ordered. So he went in the back and pirated two off some derelict carbs, stuck them in an envelope and sent those to me. <span style="font-weight: bold">FREE!</span> Try that with Moss or Vicky Brit.

G

'course it didn't hurt that I have spent a gazillion dollars with them.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
TR6BILL said:
I recently lost the 2 clips on my carbs that secure the choke cables. Dave said they are back ordered. So he went in the back and pirated two off some derelict carbs, stuck them in an envelope and sent those to me. <span style="font-weight: bold">FREE!</span> Try that with Moss or Vicky Brit.

I've got a little story about Moss. My buddy who has a TR3B went to mount his new windscreen into the frame. He bought the glass from Moss a year earlier, but never really looked at it closely. Well, it had a large chip on one side. I told him to call Moss about it. It won't hurt to see what they will do. He's gets on the phone with them and explains the problem. The guy on the other end asks my friend to hold on a minute. He gets back on the phone and says we'll be sending you out a new windscreen, but you will have to pay the shipping, is that OK?...and no, we don't want the old one back.

You're right. Somehow, that's not quite the same as a couple of two dollar clips.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
No matter what, we need them all. Every company can make a mistake with one customer and can excel at the same time with another customer.

I'm just glad that they are around to provide what we need. Ever try ordering anything from England lately?

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Yours would not be the only family and they are not the only supplier that can be exasperating at times.

Part of restoring cars with limited supplies of parts that vary in quality as time goes on.