• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR4/4A TR4 help of a different kind.

tomshobby

Yoda
I am working on the 1/32 scale TR4 model that I got from Ray. I was going to paint the dash instruments and realized it would be much easier to make a decal of the entire dash. I have an ALPS printer and can print colors, along with white and metallic gold and silver.

So, what I am looking for are three photos of a wood dash. One of the right, one of the center, and one of the left side. Taken from straight on and with as little glare as possible. The side with the steering wheel will be the hardest. I know, not asking for much am I?
I can then stitch them together and make one photo that I can scale to size and print and apply on the model.

Thanks and I realize that I will owe somebody!!

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
I love model cars! I used to build them all the time back in the 50's. AMT (ERTL) used to be the best. There are plenty better now. One of the neatest tricks was to use some micro-tubing to custom make the exhausts, even painted them a light grey color on the inside to mimic the exhaust coating. Sorry to get off on a rant. Can't help you on the printing thingy...

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
There were some nice Revell kits, but AMT was the biggest and the best for details. The good old 50's & 60's.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Tom-

I can get this for you if you give me a day or two. I expect one of the other TR4ers may beat me to it as well. Too dark in the garage right now to avoid the glare issue and my top is on right now.

Randy

p.s. you still need that stalk for the rear view mirror?

OP
tomshobby

tomshobby

Yoda
Bill and Paul, I agree that it was fun to build model cars. This TR4 is a nice way to remember my favorite car ever. Although Shirley and I have been making many great memories with our TR6.

That will be just fine Randy, I am not on a very tough schedule now that I am retired!
Sorry, the stalk slipped my mind, easy for things like that to happen. I will PM you with my address.

TR4

Jedi Knight
Here is one I took a while ago.

Attachments

• 15096.jpg
    15096.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 152

TR4

Jedi Knight
And one from this past summer.

Attachments

• 15098.jpg
    15098.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 147

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
i can take picts of my A but not tonight, in the morning. but the 4 didn't get wood did it?

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Yes, late 4's had wood dashes from the factory.

tomshobby said:
...what I am looking for are three photos of a wood dash. One of the right, one of the center, and one of the left side. Taken from straight on and with as little glare as possible. The side with the steering wheel will be the hardest...

Tom, if you get no useful shots I can supply them. I will even pull the steering wheel for the lefthand pic which should make the end result pretty easy to work with.

My price for pulling the steering wheel for these photos (yes, a price) is 2 of those decals -- one for my Airfix TR4A and one for my Revell TR4. Let me know.

Geo