• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sun's shining, top's down...

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
...it's 60 degrees already and I am GONE. Cleaning house, laundry, cleaning car bits, painting car bits can all wait. I'm outta here before the storms roll back in later this afternoon!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Whoot, Jaybird getting her fix.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Sung to the tune of the old Southern gospel song:

There'll be peace on the BBS today for sure...There'll be peace on the BBS for me, oh yeah."

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
~skips in singing~
"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood..."

Man she is running GOOD! And yup, I definitely needed a topdown fix. Now to the garage to start painting what I intended to do at 7am.

Hooters first!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Well, it WOOD be kinda ~silly~ to walk in BACKWARDS, wooden it?!?

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
..... it's 44F here .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

s'all right though I guess... let's me put the electrical systems to the test a bit more... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
it's 10 celicius here and sunny! Haven't felt that in a while....washed both DD's and even waxed one(caddy)....suppose to be even nicer tomorrow.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
FRACK!!! that just ain't right!! it's 6C here... this is SoCal for crying out loud!!! 6C!!! it's warmer in Canada right now!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

man... it's "The Day After Tomorrow" coming to life I tell ya... it's happening for real!

jerryrosa

Jedi Trainee
Hit 18C today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brought the B home from storage, took a long ride with the top down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

New Suspensions, carb and exhaust,....she drives like a dream!

I'm a happy boy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

78MGB

Jedi Hopeful
Low 70's here. Was sunny all morning. Got what I need done and backed out the MGB. Aired the tires up just in time to hear the THUNDER. It rolled in quickly to say the least.

Oh well, we need the rain, even if it is a little bit, and at least I got to back the MGB out of the garage and promptly put her back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

D

Deleted member 3577

I went for a very nice drive today.... Only the 2nd of the year.

It was almost 60 here so it was a bit chilly before the tranny tunnel warmed up. (Elva has no heater or top)

The road is a mess...New pot holes & anti-skid everywhere.
Still.....Quite enjoyable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Man,it's cold here!
Snow level down to 500 feet.
Unfortunatly,people don't know how to drive in the when it snows here.

- Doug

Low 80's here today. Still feels warm outside now.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
It was absolutly beautiful here today! mid 60s, sunny, perfect!
I've got a bad case of spring fever.
We hauled out the BMW and took a drive. All the rain earlier this week washed the salt off the roads.
I even got to do some work on the TR2. I blasted and painted several of the small bits, and started sanding the surface rust off some of the bare metal panals (DPO).
That, with the prospect of a new/old car has me in high spirits.
~ wanders off whistling~

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
Took my B out for a spin so I could warm up (don't ask!). I drove around the eastern mountain which took me into Burbank, CA. On my side of the mountain hail woke me this AM. When I went out to drive, ice started forming on my windshield and I saw other cars with MUCH more slush piled up on their hoods and windshields prolly cause they camee down from higher parts of the mountain. I drove through La Tuna Canyon where the rain and clouds thinned out, by the time I got to the western side of it there was barely even a drizzle and the sun was out. It wasn't even raining in Burbank, CA. The ice on my windshield melted off by the time I got to the southern end of the mountain. As I turned east and started heading back into La Crescenta Valley, I could see the snow on the eastern mountain's peak just showing below the clouds.

Overall, I had a fun 30 to 35 mile drive on the damp roads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I stopped off at a park to take a couple of pictures of the mountain top. The sun didn't co-operate with me so it's not as spectacular as what I saw while drivnig around with the sun shining brightly on the snow capped mountain. It's kind of funny how one mountain can create two different weather systems less than 2 miles apart...

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Still 72 here right now. If it weren't raining, I'd be out driving. I took a couple long drives, then several short ones. Seems every time I started something in the garage, I got this overwhelming urge to DRIVE. Did get a few things done though, and the rain held out til about 8pm, so was a perfect day.

Repeat for tomorrow, high of 75, rain late afternoon or early evening. It SHOULD rain all day so I can work in the garage, but hey, who am I to argue with Mother Nature?

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Was so nice here in North West Florida today that we went to "Tops In Blue" the Air Force annual show, outside this evening.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
well... I guess it's only fair... while all of you were freezing yer butts off we were enjoying some really nice warm and sunny weather out here in SoCal. However, this weekend it seems to be the reverse ... 35F outside right now in the little valley that I live 'bout 20 miles from LA.

here's some pics I took while driving around Saturday:

ice stuck to the ground in the higher altitude areas...
ground0ol.jpg

a picture of the mountain on the Eastern end of the valley I'm in that lighter colored stuff is ice/snow:
mnt12qk.jpg

The same mountain from a different position:
mnt29zu.jpg

Nothing compared to what some of you are use to I'm sure. But I've not seen white stuff (that's fallen from the sky) on the ground since Spring 1995 when I was attached to an Artillery unit and went to Mt Fuji on field training. I think today would have to be the first time I've had slush build up on my windshield while driving around too.... had me smiling... but I don't think I cared too much for the associated chill in the air... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight
Was in the mid 60's here today, but no ride as my seats are in pieces in my shop. I DID get outside to prep and POR15 the seat frames. Now I need to order some parts (webbing and a couple of screws) so I can get 'er done for the next warm spell.

It was also nice enough out to work on the ole Cherokee that my son abandoned in the driveway. Dang Throttle Position Sensor and no idle adjustment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif now I gotta head over to the Jeer Forum and find out how to keep all that electronic stuff running /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Bruce /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

LLAngus

Jedi Knight
Woke up to snow on the ground at my house. Don't see enough of it to not get excited. Snow all around on the hills. Have been on ebay looking for a good deal on a computer. The wifies isn't working right.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/computer.gif