• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

sourcing linkage ball/sockets

twigworker

Jedi Trainee
I have not been happy with what I have been receiving in the way of accelerator linkage ball/socket assemblies.

Does anyone know of a reliable source for good ones?

Jack

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I bought my ball joints from West Marine. They are a little different from the originals in that the collar is spring loaded and slides along the length of the body to capture the ball. Teleflex.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Jack, Got mine from Healey Surgeons in Tocoma Park, MD. Near DC. They appear to be good repoductions. Haven't used them yet. I'm told that John Deere can source something very simiiar. Dave.

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I have not been happy with what I have been receiving in the way of accelerator linkage ball/socket assemblies.

Does anyone know of a reliable source for good ones?

Jack
I purchased reproductions and they appear to have as much slop if not more than my original ones. I decided to purchase the "rod end" style from Toms Imports and the slop is gone. Be sure that when you remove the old linkage to measure the "center point to point" of the linkage. It'll make reinstalling them a lot easier because your linkage pivot points will all line up.

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I purchased reproductions and they appear to have as much slop if not more than my original ones. I decided to purchase the "rod end" style from Toms Imports and the slop is gone. Be sure that when you remove the old linkage to measure the "center point to point" of the linkage. It'll make reinstalling them a lot easier because your linkage pivot points will all line up.

The Tom's parts are longer than the originals - will require shortening/rethreading the rods in order to maintain the same position.

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
The Tom's parts are longer than the originals - will require shortening/rethreading the rods in order to maintain the same position.
That's why I mentioned making sure you get the center to center measurement. Tom can also help with this and he also has stainless steel threaded rod if you want to go that way. I would post pics of completed modification but I haven't had much sucess doing so with the new improved changes to the BCF.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I would post pics of completed modification but I haven't had much sucess doing so with the new improved changes to the BCF.

Patrick,

I generally use www.tinypic.com to host pictures for posting on the forum. It's easy to use, doesn't require any registration (although you might see an annoying ad for a few seconds) and when you've uploaded your picture will provide an IMG code that you can copy and paste directly to your forum post.

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Patrick,

I generally use www.tinypic.com to host pictures for posting on the forum. It's easy to use, doesn't require any registration (although you might see an annoying ad for a few seconds) and when you've uploaded your picture will provide an IMG code that you can copy and paste directly to your forum post.
Thanks for the info HealeyRick but it may be over my level of expertise. I want something that I can click on in the post and a menu that pops up that says browse and then I can use the browse to select the image from my PC and then click on the image and it attaches itself to the message. Nothing complicated...just simple to use like my email programs I use. Too much to remember from too many programs. I was able to attach photos not to long ago on the new BCF so what happened??
Thanks,

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Here are some photos...finally.

Attachments

• DSC01610.jpg
    DSC01610.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC01612.jpg
    DSC01612.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC01614.jpg
    DSC01614.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 74

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
You mean like this?
DSC08657.jpgJust click on the add picture above, choose browse to look in your computer then click upload, simple.

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
I want something that I can click on in the post and a menu that pops up that says browse and then I can use the browse to select the image from my PC and then click on the image and it attaches itself to the message. Nothing complicated...just simple to use like my email programs I use. Too much to remember from too many programs. I was able to attach photos not to long ago on the new BCF so what happened??
Thanks,

You still can. Click Reply, Go advanced, scroll down to Manage Attachments. Easy as pie!

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
You still can. Click Reply, Go advanced, scroll down to Manage Attachments. Easy as pie!
It sounds easy and should be but I'm getting different screens doing the same thing the same way each time I do it, etc. Steve Gerow has been working with me to see what's going on and even sent me a pdf with instructions. If I can't get the photo attached one way I'll figure out hot to get it attached another way. I have Windows Vista so who knows? Ar least it's better than Windows Mellinium I had on another PC.
Thanks for the info!