• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

people at emission

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Hi all this a question concerning the on board diagnostic system of a 2000 Lexus. I am asking you guys this question because I cannot get the right answer anywhere else but perhaps the dealer. Anyways my old boss bought a car that has had a different engine put in and when he takes it to go through emissions the people at emission say the vehicle is not readying for testing yet. They maintain the vehicle needs to be driven until the old computer accepts the new engine? Well he has done that for a month and nothing happens. The vehicle runs fine, but the state run emission cannot get a reading. Any help is appreciated.
Steve

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Can you ask at your local Lexus dealer? this can't be the first time anyone has swapped an engine.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Shouldn't this be in the "Other Cars" forum?

- Doug

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Sounds like it is not "seeing" the new engine. There's a wire or sensor off somewhere.

Generally, it takes less than 200 miles of drivng for an OBD II system to "see" all the sensors, etc and get a good diagnostic reading.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
AngliaGT said:
Shouldn't this be in the "Other Cars" forum?
- Doug

Yep - moving it.

D

Deleted member 8987

What city?

Lexus of Bellevue, one of the writers (Alan Jensen) is an LBC-er, Jensen Healey and an MGB roadster.

He might be able to advise.