• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

people at emission

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Hi all this a question concerning the on board diagnostic system of a 2000 Lexus. I am asking you guys this question because I cannot get the right answer anywhere else but perhaps the dealer. Anyways my old boss bought a car that has had a different engine put in and when he takes it to go through emissions the people at emission say the vehicle is not readying for testing yet. They maintain the vehicle needs to be driven until the old computer accepts the new engine? Well he has done that for a month and nothing happens. The vehicle runs fine, but the state run emission cannot get a reading. Any help is appreciated.
Steve

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Check the factory shop manual if you can find one; there may be a procedure for resetting the long term memory in the ECU and perhaps even a procedure for helping it "learn" the new engine (like driving under particular conditions).

cheseroo

Jedi Trainee
I'm wondering if you can "force" it by disconnecting the battery for 30 min or so although that might require resetting the radio and whatever else has theft deterrent systems installed.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You might want to post this in the "Other Cars" section.

- Doug