• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A New TR3 floors

rusty55

Jedi Hopeful
Well, over the weekend the new TR3 floors went in. I wasn't there but it apparently went smoothly. Beginning to end, 4 1/2 hours. About 4 weeks until paint

Attachments

• 15003.jpg
    15003.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 716

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
rusty55 said:
Well, over the weekend the new TR3 floors went in. I wasn't there but it apparently went smoothly.

Does this mean I can leave my floor boards in the garage over the weekend and they'll install themselves? LOL.

Those actually look good - looks like a solid car to be working off. Any other welding before paint?

Keep us posted.

OP
R

rusty55

Jedi Hopeful
tdskip said:
rusty55 said:
Well, over the weekend the new TR3 floors went in. I wasn't there but it apparently went smoothly.

Does this mean I can leave my floor boards in the garage over the weekend and they'll install themselves? LOL.

Those actually look good - looks like a solid car to be working off. Any other welding before paint?

Keep us posted.

It worked for me. Try it, see what happens. :yesnod: Welding is pretty much complete. Just smoothing, sealing, and painting. Gotta figure out a spot for some speakers though before paint.

rlandrum

Jedi Trainee
Having just installed the dash and some of the interior, your best bet for front speakers will be under the dash facing down. You should be able to fit a 5x5 on either side. Sans heater, you'd have room for a amp under there.

Since I'm guessing you aren't going for originality, a 6.5 inch woofer would probably fit into the small footwell recesses behind the seats.

SidescreenTR

rusty55 said:
Gotta figure out a spot for some speakers though before paint.

Why? It's a '3...you won't be able to hear anything anyway! :smile:

Nice floors though. I need to do some patching at the front end of mine, but I think I can get by without a complete replacement.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
On my wrecked 3A, I had a pair of speakers installed in the kick panels. Had to use a filler panel on the right, so a modern full-range speaker would fit into the factory hole. On the left, I just pounded an area more-or-less flat and drilled a big hole. With only a 20 watt RMS CD-MP3 player (and my rather poor hearing), I could still easily listen to audio books at freeway speeds.

Certainly a power amp wouldn't hurt, nor would separate tweeters under the ends of the dash and a subwoofer under the 'occasional' seat. But I accomplished my goal without them.

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Looks like a very clean job. Good job with the floors. It looks great along the firewall. I put a set in mine about 8 months ago. I'm still a long way from paint, primer maybe. I never listen to the radio so I can't help with a location for speakers. My TR6 still has it's stock AM FM radio with I think 2.3 watts per channel. 30 years ago the car had hundreds of watts now I just enjoy Stebro exhaust note.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
My panels arrived from TRF about 2 weeks ago, courtesy of their 30% off sale. I'd kill to get them to look as good as those.

Randy

OP
R

rusty55

Jedi Hopeful
Don Elliott said:
What do you mean ? This is a 1955 or maybe a 1960 TR3 ? How can that be ? This is not a boat !
Guess I should change that. I started with a '55 we've had for 30 plus years but found an almost complete '60 in better condition. Decided to restore the '60 first. <span style="color: #FF0000">There, Fixed</span>

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Hi Randy I was going to buy a set from TRF, but when I called a couple of weeks ago, right before the sale ended, they said they had to order them from England. I was afraid that that could take a long time. Did they order yours? Anyways I kinda decided to wait for Moss to send a catalog with a sale, but that has not happened yet. Does anyone know if Moss is going to have a New Year sale?

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Oops, sorry for not responding earlier, my welding classes start next Tuesday, panels will go in 'sometime this year' I hope. There will be a ton of body work to do, still sorting through the pieces.

Yes, when I ordered the floors were immediately on backorder from TRF, but it looks like the shipment came in quickly, really no delay. With the sale it was a tough price to beat.

prb51

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
A question on the latest sales....since the dollar is at least 30% stronger against the pound is it really a sale or just.....
Also, have you noticed canned oil at your flaps hasn't gone down a cent even though gas has been lower for a few months?

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
prb51 said:
A question on the latest sales....since the dollar is at least 30% stronger against the pound is it really a sale or just.....
Also, have you noticed canned oil at your flaps hasn't gone down a cent even though gas has been lower for a few months?

Just like the airline surcharges haven't disappeared either...

OP
R

rusty55

Jedi Hopeful
getting closer. Should be cruising by summer.

Attachments

• 15367.jpg
    15367.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 588

Moseso

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I love these pictures! Now I know what all those parts are and where they go too!

OP
R

rusty55

Jedi Hopeful
gettin there. Carbs are rebuilt and mounted. Radiator is next. Then we're gonna fire it up. It's been sitting for 25 plus years. Kinda excited :yesnod:

Attachments

• 16169.jpg
    16169.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 473