• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Custom Beetle

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Located a highly modified 67 Bug in Amarillo Tx and yesterday went and bought it. for some reason can't get my pics to post so until them you'll have to take my word for it. PO had done quite a few mods..like the 50 style two section rear window, 2 inch wider fiberglass fenders, molded glass running boards and glass dash and console. Too much to list but new wiring harness, 4 wheel disc brakes, pan completely new..front beam, swing axle trans
s all new, suspension new...and then all Por-15d. and re-assembled. It'll take a couple of days before its primer ready. Also came with a turn key new 1600 dualport with external oil filter and cooler...plus all chromed out. I hope to figure out the pic problem and post a few.

swift6

Yoda
Sounds similar to my brothers custom VW.

Roof quartered and dropped 4 inches. Rear fenders are 4 inches wider than stock, fronts are three inches wider, glass running boards, glass dash, 4 wheel disc brakes, Porsche lug conversion and outfitted with a popular 17" Porsche aftermarket wheel. The engine is a Bergman 2110 with the Porsche cooling shroud hiding an alternator and the transaxle is a freeway flyer with over drive in 4th gear.

P5201029.jpg

P5201090.jpg

P5201090.jpg

P5201036.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
Shawn that is one sweet bug.

swift6

Yoda
On it's fourth appearance at the GoodGuys show when it rolls through Northern Colorado it won an award for chopped and dropped, then they spelled my brothers name wrong in their magazine. We never expected it to win any award at a GoodGuys show so we were super pleased that it did. Lots of the rodders that attend the show in Northern Colorado have said plenty of good things about it. The first year it was there it was a work in progress and the only interior pieces that were complete was the dash and the front seats. The car was surrounded by guys wanting to look inside and see how the chop was done. The next year when it was complete, several of them still came back and thanked us for bringing it back completed and were happy to see it.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
If I thought I was keeping the Bug I'd spend more time and money on the thing...but it'll be finished and sold. Yesterday I started installing all new red urethane eng,trans and torsion bushings . When that's done the rear disc brakes system goes on as well as the new tubes and hoses. The larger VW engs are great but mine will most likely go to Fl. so need the smaller(no larger than 1835cc) to ensure a bit longer life....plus alot cheaper to build. Anyhow..that is one beautiful Bug..still can't get pics to post and resizing isn't working.

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
There is a guy by us that also customized his Bug. He cut out the back seat and then welded the car back together. It looks original from a distance but he car is about 2 feet shorter. Very nice body work and paint. I wish I had pictures. The wheel base is so short it looks like it would be a little quick on the steering.

Jerry

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
Jack , post the pics to photobucket and then copy and paste the url here

swift6

Yoda
Jerry said:
There is a guy by us that also customized his Bug. He cut out the back seat and then welded the car back together. It looks original from a distance but he car is about 2 feet shorter. Very nice body work and paint. I wish I had pictures. The wheel base is so short it looks like it would be a little quick on the steering.

Jerry

We have been asked several times how much we stretched the car. Those that ask swear up and down that the car is stock height and that we just stretched it because the doors look so much longer. It is only chopped though, not stetched.