• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Interesting custom

Country flag
DrGQws0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Wonder how long before that thing cracks & falls apart!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
:iagree: With that much bondo he has sure given it lots of oportunities.

mightymidget

Jedi Knight
Not happy with the way the windsheild looks, doesn't flow with the car, plus the door handles should have been shaved since top is not gonna be used

scoutll

Jedi Knight
Country flag
:lol: I agree, otherwise I think it looks pretty neat. I'm not that in to "customs" but it looks nice and is an interesting take on things. I would have gone with different wheels too. Maybe a solid dish type or something like that.

V

vagt6

A lot of hard work went into that project. And a nice film documentary, well done.

But, it's no longer a '78 Midget. :cryin:

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
It's not done (I hope); wheels, interior, that will make a big difference in the overall appearance too.

Country flag
That's certainly different. There's a lot of filler. It looks nice enough, but I don't think that'd I'd prefer it over a stock one that had been restored....

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I want one of each - my accurately restored and then a completely stripped - possibly Miata powered - brooklands windshields and etc etc.

Of course my dream after that is a Spridget shooting brake - I think a VW Fox station wagon back suitably cut down would match the lines magnificently

Morris

Yoda
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Of course my dream after that is a Spridget shooting brake -[/QUOTE]

I think you and I were separated at birth or something. That sounds awesome.

Sopwith_Camel

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
well the tail is over bondod it would be better with classic racing screens, the grill should have some lights let to it geting rid of the marker lights is a good idea. but the stripes should go over the dash and up the tranny tunnle and a set of speakers will be missed. the color choice is nice but needs the red seats with white pipeing and silver wheels with read inserts with white wall tires also the early all red tail lights are a must. a wood dash would be nicer too.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
sup_wit_camel said:
well the tail is over bondod it would be better with classic racing screens, the grill should have some lights let to it geting rid of the marker lights is a good idea. but the stripes should go over the dash and up the tranny tunnle and a set of speakers will be missed. the color choice is nice but needs the red seats with white pipeing and silver wheels with read inserts with white wall tires also the early all red tail lights are a must. a wood dash would be nicer too.

don't be vague - be a little more specific & tell us what you really think :jester:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Morris said:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Of course my dream after that is a Spridget shooting brake -

I think you and I were separated at birth or something. That sounds awesome. [/QUOTE]

which scares me at a number of levels, especially for your wife :wall:

Sopwith_Camel

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
hey after building shaggy i have thought long an hard about the details of doing a coustuom, now i need a new project.

there was a few race shooting breaks, well fast backs with a tiny trunk opening just enonough for a tire. sort of like the trumph GT4 Dove

cheery
steve

G

tony barnhill said:

I built a Mazda convertible pickup when I was in the military in Hawaii- in 1988, all glass work. I didn't have the welding skills at the time, and I sold that truck last year. None of that work ever cracked. 20 year old 'glass work and it lasted. <span style="font-weight: bold">No one's opinion ever cracked it, either.</span>

So, hey, do we talk [censored] about people here- people with projects that we have no clue what they have gone through- simply because you don't <span style="font-weight: bold">think</span> they are here to represent themselves?

OP
Trevor Jessie
Country flag
I just posted it because I thought it was interesting. Not my cup of tea, but I still enjoy seeing what people do with the little cars. It is sort of like concept cars... they are pretty radical, but there are always a few design features that find their way to production cars. So, I like looking at projects like this to see if there is any idea that I might someday incorporate.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
gmichael52 said:
tony barnhill said:

I built a Mazda convertible pickup when I was in the military in Hawaii- in 1988, all glass work. I didn't have the welding skills at the time, and I sold that truck last year. None of that work ever cracked. 20 year old 'glass work and it lasted. <span style="font-weight: bold">No one's judgment ever cracked it, either.</span>

So, hey, do we talk [censored] about people here- people with projects that we have no clue what they have gone through- simply because you don't <span style="font-weight: bold">think</span> they are here to represent themselves? That's the sign of a coward. Cheap shot on the guy, people.
Not cowardice on my part - I was just wondering if it would crack! Heck, we're doing even more weird stuff to one of my MGB's - SSsnake, she's called (& you should read what some folks have said about SSsnake!)....there are threads about her in the MG Forum.....difference is, we're using fiberglass & only skimming it with filler.

& rereading all the posts, I don't see anybody talking [censored] about him....seems it's the same banter that's found at club meetings & shows - many times directly to the owner!

Check this one out.

ImPBN04" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
Isn't that a great car and documentary. It was up on ebay not long ago, I don't remember seeing if it sold or for how much. I love that color combo one of my favorite Midgets that one!