• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Across the [Northern] Border Transport

bt7tricarb

Hi everyone... It's been a while since I've done anything major to my car, but I'm seriously considering converting my tri-carb to fuel injection. I've had a ton of problems which I've attributed primarily to ethanol the last couple of years (car does fine when I can find non-ethanol, but that's getting harder and harder to find and racing gas is just too expensive). So... after looking at (on the web) and speaking to most everyone either on the phone or via e-mail about what they've done, I'm going with the system Martin Jansen offers (Jule Enterprises).

Now, I may have some mechanical inclinations, but I'm by no means a mechanic, so as much as I admire those who do this work themselves, I'm not that brave. I spoke with Martin about him doing this in his shop.

I contacted a company that I used to transport my car once before (Enclosed Vehicle Transport) because I had a great experience with them and, unfortunately, they don't cross the border. So, before I start contacting a lot of different companies I thought I'd turn to my fellow Healey owners to see if anyone has any experience with transporting a car from the States to Canada (and maybe to Jule Enterprises).

I'm only wanting to go one way as once the car is ready, I'll likely use it as an excuse to have a trip with my son to go get the car. I've done this once before and we had a great time. He's nine years old and loves these father/son trips involving the Healey.

So, any of your personal recommendations, good and bad, would be greatly appreciated. I know there are probably some things one has to do about notifications to Canada (permissions, proof of ownership, etc.) that will have to be taken care of since I'm not going "with" the car, but I imagine a transport company will know and help me with that.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

-Devin

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Martin transports them all the time across the border. Ask him.

He took mine across and them brought it back.

Jerry

OP
bt7tricarb

bt7tricarb

Thanks, Jerry. I considered asking Martin as I get closer to executing the conversion, but was trying to add up costs and options.

MCS

Jedi Warrior
Hello Devin,

I am Martins first FI customer, doing most of the install myself. Hope to have my car running next month.I was just at his shop and envious of the cast FI manifolds he has made. Mine is the prototype and not as nice.

I used Brian Kurtz Trucking, which is about 50 mins from Jule. My car was purchased in Kanas City. Excellent company to deal with. The fellow I spoke to was steve
here is the local phone 519-836-5821. I payed just over 1000.00 to ship from Kanas to Kurtz trucking truck yard., great price. Maybe they can help you

Cheers Phil

rjc157

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
why don't you look into patton engineering you can keep your original look and i think its alot cheaper and you can do it yourself sorry its pattonmachine.com