• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

2003 Euro???

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Just got back from two weeks in upstate NY bailing out our home there that had five ft. of water in the basement from the floods. Its out in the country across from a Honda m/c shop so I took a break and went looking at two wheelers. In the used barn, there sat this strange looking(had an old look to it) black bike with a sidecar! Almost no miles , all black and they say its a 2003 Euro. I know nothing about it other than I think I have to go back and get it. Wife thinks I need counseling...or maybe commiting. It looks like an old BMW style. Price is right(I think) so I'm working on a plan for the trip. If anyone knows about these things please let me know. Thx.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
It's a "Ural"......made in Russia, it was an exact copy of Wehrmacht BMW combinations that the Red Army seized during WW2. They were cheap to begin with, so you might be able to negotiate a better price. Mechanically they are basic air-head BMW boxer, so no problems with maintenance. I believe (I may be wrong so you should verify this) that BMW parts may be interchangeable. Decent, solid, relaible although not up to BMW standards.

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Here you go

Attachments

• 240791-Tourist_Red_RightView2_520.jpg
    240791-Tourist_Red_RightView2_520.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 100

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
URALs of that vintage &ilk w/sidecars go around here for about $5,000...they're decent bikes, not quite as tightly engineered, prone to blow oil smoke...but I also am captivated by them!

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thats it!!! Never saw the paperwork, just souded like the guy said Euro. I was told 5500 for it..then they dropped the price 500...then said make an offer. Super low miles..boxes of brand new stuff goes with it. Think it would be cool to cruise the thing with my attack killer weiner dog in the sidecar. My wife says the jury is still out on whether we "need" it or not.

davelgee

I saw a new one of these at a Circle K store I stopped at recently and at first glance thought it was a nicely restored /2 Beemer. Being a bike junky I went over to take a look and was quite impressed by how much better they are than I remember the old ones being. The paint was very well done, it had electric start and an alternator as well as reverse. I talked a bit to the owner and he is very satisfied with it, he paid a lot more than 5k for it too.

Cheers!
Dave G.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Saw one y'day zipping down the highway - camouflage paint, side car & all!