• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Euro Auto Festival @ BMW Greer, SC October 20 .

Just wanted to tell you guys about Euro Auto Festival at the the BMW plant in Greer, SC on October 20th 2007, this year featered make is Austin Healey. This is a great car show that offers alot more than just a car show, we should have between 400-500 European cars, other activities include BMW perfomance center where for a American Red Cross doantion you get to flog new BMWs around a road course, wet skid pad, autocross course, visit the BMW museum, Sunday activities include SCCA autocross, Fun Rally, the host hotel is again the Marriot in Spartanburg, SC, where the banquet will be held, the speaker this year will be Jerry Coker designer of the Austin Healey 100. This as always is going to be a great event and I wanted make sure you Healey owners knew this was your year to shine and as always we expect a major showing from our featured make. For you Midgets owner, we always have a slew of MGs there as well, MGs are always one of the largest group at the show. For more info go to
https://www.euroautofestival.com

Hope to see you there.

mccalebr

Jedi Knight
I'll be there...wouldn't miss it. If I had the Sprite ready that would be great, but unfortunately the AH recognition is a year early...that sounds better than saying my project is a year late!

And while the car show and all the other events are great, spending time with several hundred of your closest car friends is worth the price of admission...and getting to visit with Hap...priceless.

Ray

spridgetpwr84

Freshman Member
Sounds like a neat event. i might have to put that on my schedule. Whats the weather like down there that time of year?

mccalebr

Jedi Knight

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Ray - just looked at your pics - great! FWIW if you click on the pics starting 2nd from the right top row to 2nd from the right second row, you don't get the match to the thumbnail - looks like "before" pics actually.

ncbugeye

Jedi Warrior
Re: Euro Auto Festival @ BMW Greer, SC October 20

A question for those who know this event...

I do not have a concours car, in fact ncbugeye's only claim to fame is that she has her original 1958 paint job and almost no rust. She is a 20-footer. There are some scratches and nicks. There are a few square inches of surface rust on the right rear panel (quickly sprayed over by the PO).

Is there a place at this show for cars like this? Or is it only for nut-and-bolt-restored jobs like Miss Agatha?

I ask because it's reasonably close and I might even be able to make it.

Attachments

• 6612.jpg
    6612.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 91

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Looks preaty fine to me Chris.

Miss Agatha is not all that perfect, yet. Lots of little things to work on when the weather breaks.

Bruce_B

Jedi Warrior

Chris,
I entered my 59 BE in a car show and it was far from perfect. Paint Cracks, chips missing, worn out dash. But since I drove over 300 miles to Vermont--it deserved to be there.

Any car show you drive to is one you should enter. Someone will learn something from your car, no matter what shape it's in.

OP
Hap Waldrop

ncbugeye said:
A question for those who know this event...

I do not have a concours car, in fact ncbugeye's only claim to fame is that she has her original 1958 paint job and almost no rust. She is a 20-footer. There are some scratches and nicks. There are a few square inches of surface rust on the right rear panel (quickly sprayed over by the PO).

Is there a place at this show for cars like this? Or is it only for nut-and-bolt-restored jobs like Miss Agatha?

I ask because it's reasonably close and I might even be able to make it.

Yes by all means bring your car, it represents what most of us have anyway. I love to see cars like this at a show, for me the show snobs, you know the people who expect to win and get [censored] when don't, that's turn me off about shows, guys and cars like yours are the people I end up talking to the most. You'll see a few cars that hardly ever get driven, kinda a shame really if you think about it. I normally leave something "undone" on my car to insure I don't win anything, and rarely even vote. I'm there for the cars and the people who enjoy working on them and driving them. Plus I would like to meet you in person Chris.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Just to set the record, I am going for the fun. I have always wanted to do more than just look.

Be able to say. "Oh yea that's mine over there."

Win, heh, only if they have a bugeye class for Old English White, without a front bumper, with blackwalls, and red interiors kinda slaped together and not finished even.

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker

Jack, that description doesn't come any where near what you have done with Miss Agatha.She is a world class beauty,in fact she is already a winner. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif
But I do agree,what is the point in a life without fun or an LBC?

Stuart. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

No no, not comming up to Greer. Going to Ft. Walton Beach on the 8th of Sept. A bit closer to home.

mccalebr

Jedi Knight

Do come...you'll be in great company. There will be cars of every flavor and you'll certainly "fit".

I appreciate the time and effort that goes into a full restoration...I also appreciate cars that are put out on the road and have received more thumbs-up from other motorists and sparked more conversations at the local convenience store than you can shake a stick at. I really enjoy talking with owners that have owned their cars for a long time, maybe even since new...they always have a good story to tell.

And to me, the stories to tell are a big part of this kind of show. Come...you'll be glad you did.

Ray

spridgetpwr84

Freshman Member

Will there be any race cars there? Whats the autox site like. I'd like to exercise mine if I make the long trip there.