• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Anyone going to Euro Auto Festival in Greer, SC?

RichBall

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
You are taking the MG aren't you ED?

toysrrus

Yoda
Howdy Folks,

A local friend of mine (Jerry) & I will be there on Sat. He`s bringing his "Alfa Romeo Spider". I hope to be bringing my `57TR3 next year. I hope the show is still on next year!!

"DAVID": Give me a call so perhaps we can caravan together. We`ll be leaving quite early in the AM cause Jerry is "Not" pre-registered.

I checked with "Gary" (`60MGA) & "Fred" (`63 Midget) & They will "Not" be bringing their cars!

"ALL": Jerry`s `90 Alfa Spider (Red Ext/Tan Int) will be up For Sale ($8500.00) If you or someone you may know would have an interest.

See Y`All There.

Russ

Edward, I'll be there early, helping park cars, hopefully the Midgets and MGBs. This show is big about being preregistered, so be there early if you are not, they sometimes get enough cars to cut off the entries. The host hotel this year moved back to Greenville, at the Emabassy Suites, they will be a hospitality suite, there meaning for the entries, free beer, wine and food, check the shedule for times, they also have a silient auction, Poster sales, and Euro mechendise sales there as well at the hospitaliy suite as well at the show, you might want to grab one of the posters, it's very much frame-able artwork and since this year feature make is the Midget, a keeper.

For you , that have never attended this show, it's unique show, it draws entries from all over the country, it is a Euro car show, so you see it all there, Ferrari Porsches, BMWs, pre war Rolls, you name it, lots of cool stuff, normally about 400+ cars on the field, oh and stunning location, in front of BMW's museum, at the plant site in Greer, a really nice place for a car show.

Russ , just a note, tell Jerry not to put a for sale sign on his car in the show field, they heavily frown on this, but of course you can talk to anyone who ask about it, and tell them it is for sale.

Here's this year's poster, a for sure keeper.

Attachments

• 26682.jpg
    26682.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 216

sqbsprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I'll be there. Looks like the weather will be nice. It's always a chilly ride early in the morning.

toysrrus

Yoda
Hap,

Do they take "Plastic" for "Un-Registered" cars or is it "Cash & Drive In"?

Russ

Russ, I have no idea, I would bring cash to be safe, and be there early if not pre-registered, they do fill up and cut off entries. If it was me I would be there at 8AM to make sure I got a spot on the field, the other night Linda said they are 350+ entires, and Barry Harms said they were cutting off entries at 400 cars. Linda is the register, she a FBCC member, so you'll recognize her.

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
We're dropping by G'ville for the packet this evening.
Grab a meal while there.
Leave early tomorrow for the site.
Maybe later. Chilly this morning.
I think pre-registered cars have assigned parking.
:wink:
Hope I see ya'll tomorrow.

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
I just hurried home from work and got the midget out and washed it and cleaned the trash out of the inside and strapped a couple fold up chairs on the luggage rack.
I am tired, busy week and everything I was doing seemed to come down to the bitter end before it finally worked.
I am not going to get up that early. I will probably get down there around 9-9:30 and hope they let me in because I am already registered.

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
Picked up the package this evening.
Seems Sprite and Midgets get a separate class.
They showed 12 Sprites registered.
I can't wait to take some pics of a Sprite swarm.
:jester:

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Oh please some pics.

sqbsprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
It was nice day!

SANY0374.jpg

SANY0373.jpg

SANY0372.jpg

SANY0375.jpg

Would love to take a drive in this:

SANY0357.jpg

I had a easy job at the show yesterday, my job was, since it's the Midget/MK II Sprite 50th, was put two cars (a Midget and a Sprite) on the center circle, where the car from the honorerd makes are displayed, so I chose a lovely MKI Midget, and then kept calling David to get there with his Bugeye for the Sprite, well he finally got there, and about the time I got him on on the center disply area, Barry, president of the Euro show, popped up and said, opps, I meant to tell you a MKII Sprite (yeah, I guess I should have thought about that), so we got David's Bugeye back down and put a nice 63 MKII Midget up there :smile: I guess there was about 20 Spridgets there. This is great show for you who have never went, you'll see stuff, you would not see at a normal car show, like a Gull Wing Mercedes or a Fiat Dino, and everything, and anyhting European, I think there were about 400+ cars there.

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Looks like a beautiful day and some beautiful Spridgets! I wish I could the bonnet on my Bugeye to open wide like that Mini! That would solve the problems of the front tilt and the original design as far as access. Nice.
Rut