• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General MG MG 2015 - anyone going?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
It is in Niagara Falls this year - just over an hour from my place. When it was last in Canada (Belleville) I went for a day - there really weren't a lot of cars.

And, as much as everyone protests to the contrary, it seems to be for B's (and their immediate relatives) Midgets didn't seem especially welcome.

thoughts?

It is in Niagara Falls this year - just over an hour from my place. When it was last in Canada (Belleville) I went for a day - there really weren't a lot of cars.

And, as much as everyone protests to the contrary, it seems to be for B's (and their immediate relatives) Midgets didn't seem especially welcome.

thoughts?

MG2010 had 225 cars registered, 12 of which were Midgets (about 5%).
CLASS DESCRIPTION
2010 TO
MGB MkI 1962 to 1965 (Pull Handle)
MGB MkI 1965 to 1967
MGB MkII 1968 to 1969 (Chrome Grille)
MGB MkII 1970 to 1972 (Recessed Grille)
MGB MkII 1973 to 1974 (Honeycomb Grille)
MGB MkIII 1974 1/2 to 1976
MGB MkIV 1977 to 1978 (Early)
MGB MkIV 1979 to 1980 (Late)
MGB LE 1979 to 1980
MGB-GT 1965 to 1971 Chrome Bumper (Non-Vented)
MGB-GT 1972 to 1974 Chrome Bumper (Vented Dash)
MGB-GT 1974 1/2 Rubber Bumper
MGB Factory V-8 All Years
MGB Modified V-8, V-6, etc
MG Midget 1961 to 1974 (Chrome Bumper)
MG Midget 1975 to 1979 (Rubber Bumper)
MG 1100/1300 All Years
MG-C
MG-C GT
MG Post Abingdon 1981 (To Present)
Concours
MGT & Prewar
MGA
Other MG
Other British

I couldn't get my computer to cooperate....so I'll continue here. Depending upon what day you attended (it was a multi-day event), cars could have been on tours, parked at other hotels (there was more than one hotel contracted), etc.

A showing os 12 Midgets is nothing to sneeze at. I've attended a majority of the NAMGBR Nationals....and this is about average.

If you showed up on the day of the show, I understand that it began raining that morning and folks did not stay on the showfield as long as would be typical in good weather.

I encourage you to register for MG2015 and attend all of the days of the event. The variety of activities and the folks that you will meet will make it worth your while. NAMGBR welcomes not only MGB enthusiasts, but Midget, MGC, MG1100, MG1300, and "post-Abingdon" MG enthusiasts. We are family. (And...we like our cousins, the pre-war MGs, the T-series cars.....and yes, even "other British" !

JLTinkham

Freshman Member
Yup - will be there with the C GT. Had hotel res almost before getting home from IN last year...

Last edited:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I would love to go, as Niagara is a beautiful place, but the TF won't be ready by then, could take the 72 but it's a little far from my place. Farm chores won't let me be away that long. PJ

sswarin

Country flag
Hey JP...I plan to go to MG2015. I went to MG2014 in French Lick and really enjoyed it. But I plan to drive my MGB-GT and save the Spridget for MG2016. Will do plays at Niagara-on-the-Lake and Stratford to fill out the week. Should be a great road trip from Detroit.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Would love to go, but already committed to attending the British V8 gathering; can't do both!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Mickey, the last one I went to was right in your back door! MG 2006, Gatlinburg. Been a long time and I'd love to go to another, but it'll have to be somewhat closer to home. PJ

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Mickey, the last one I went to was right in your back door! MG 2006, Gatlinburg. Been a long time and I'd love to go to another, but it'll have to be somewhat closer to home. PJ

We were there as well. But the rain got us - the B windshield and top leaked something awful, so we drove the SUV over.

Nice show, though.

FYI....MG2016 will be in Louisville, KY from June 13-17, 2016. It is the next in the series of all-MG Registers gatherings ala MG96 (Indy), MG2001 (St.Paul), MG2006 (Gatlinburg), and MG2011 (Reno).

Riverview.jpg

Derby Field.jpg

Save the date! June 13-17, 2016

MG2016 – A Run for the Roses
The North American Council of M.G. Registers is pleased to announce that MG2016 will be held from June 13[SUP]th[/SUP]-17[SUP]th, [/SUP]in Louisville, Kentucky!

Join the NAMMMR, the NEMGTR, and NAMGAR, and the NAMGBR for four fun-filled days of MG camaraderie. Louisville is home of the “Louisville Slugger”(the official baseball bat of major league baseball), Churchill Downs (where the “most exciting two minutes of sports” is held each May), and is the source of 1/3 of the world’s supply of bourbon Louisville will have something to offer to everyone in attendance.

Louisville is centrally located for a majority of the membership of the host registers. The mid-week event will allow for travel to and from Louisville on weekends! Contracts have been secured with a group of seven hotel properties (all within walking distance of each other) that will meet your budget and expectations.

Plan on arriving in Louisville on Monday afternoon as you will be sure to want to attend our opening ceremony that evening at Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby. (This event will have limited seating, so register early!)

Event information, registration, regalia sales, and hotel information will be available at https://www.mg2016.com at a later date in 2015.

Mark your calendar today to save these dates. We know that you will want to be a part of MG2016, the fifth all-M.G. Register gathering held in North America!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Wish it was something I could get to. I just missed the Reno show in 2011, really wish I'd been able to motivate to make it happen.

Wish it was something I could get to. I just missed the Reno show in 2011, really wish I'd been able to motivate to make it happen.

I've driven MGs from Central Illinois to Vancouver, BC, to Lake Tahoe, to Olympia, WA, to Reno, NV, and to Breckenridge, CO. (just to name a few). It IS possible to get over the Rockies and back. (grin).....an added benefit to attending the show....is a fantastic road trip that you will always remember!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Just takes more time than I can take to get out there, that's all. Would be a great trip for sure. One of these days...