• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Why are these so expensive?

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
Yowza! I thought they were too much at $80.

I just used my new Motive pressure bleeder today for the first time. Now that is is something that's worth every penny IMO.

64rocksprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
It doesn't need to be that much.. I bought one for $40..gotta keep an eye out.
That cap is from an MGA..twin-cam perhaps? It's not on all MGA's.

OP
D

David_Doan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
David- details on the bleeder please!

Its in my blog here

I got the idea here

Basically you just buy the cheapest garden sprayer you can find and cut the wand off. Then add a hose barb to an old reservoir cap, or in the case of the Bugeye, the cap from from a brake fluid bottle fits pretty good.

The process:

• Fill the reservoir
  • Pour some brake fluid into the sprayer
  • Clamp the end of the hose (or use a valve)
  • Pump it up
  • Bleed all the air out of the line
  • Screw the end on to the reservoir
  • Release the clamp
  • Bleed each brake and the clutch
  • re-clamp
  • remove the hose from the reservoir

DSC_4440.JPG

DSC_4442.JPG

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
That cap adder is for the 1600 and later MGA's (when they went to disk brakes).
BillM

Country flag
When doing a pressure bleeder, be careful not to use a bunch of pressure. A few PSI is all that is needed.

mgfish

Freshman Member
Country flag
David,

Moss wants $49.95 NO CAP I found a place that will sell me them for $39.95 if I buy 5 and they have a nice reproduction metal cap I need to know if there are 5 people interested I can also get the 7/8" master cylinder in the picture for $129.95 each but again I need to buy 5 so if anyone is interested let me know.

Bob FisherBE master cylinder.jpg