• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Norton Commando

LBCs_since_1988

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Hi all, I tried posting this in the New (old) Classifieds but it keeps getting deleted so here goes:

Want to Buy: Norton Commando for restoration. 1973 or later with matching numbers.

Thanks,

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
For me it'd have to be an 850,in Black.
You might check through Mickey to see if Jerr's
interested in selling Tony's Norton.
It'd be nice to see it go to a good home.

- Doug

OP
LBCs_since_1988

LBCs_since_1988

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Tony Barnhill? That pains me to think about what happened. I've heard great things about him.

With respect,

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
He was a good bloke! No leads. The last bike I saw for sale was a Bonnie that was in all original condition. Passed on it. Will keep you in mind.
Cheers,
D.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I'll keep my ears and eyes open for you.... FYI, my father was a member of the design team for the Commando, he designed the gearbox and the cushioned final drive setup in the rear hub, amongst other things.

OP
LBCs_since_1988

LBCs_since_1988

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Thanks Steve! That's really cool to hear that your father worked for Norton. I wish I had a story like that to tell. My dad was an accountant :sleep:

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
The warning lights in the centre of the gauges on the black machine was my dad's idea. He had a Triumph 1300TC that had the cluster of warning lights in the centre of the dash, and he thought that a similar thing would be useful on a motorcycle.....

Price on that black one is reasonable, seems to me.

m

LBCs_since_1988 said:
plus another $600 for shipping. :rolleyes:

Still not a bad investment. If i hadn't just bought myself a Triumph...that bike would be on my list..

m

OP
LBCs_since_1988

LBCs_since_1988

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Got one!!! :banana:

was thinking I'd want an 850 but this one fits the bill perfectly. Oh, it's gonna be fun over the next couple of years:

daughterandnorton.jpg

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Well done, and enjoy the rebuild!