• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My new daily driver.......

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Just acquired another car to add to the fleet. This will be my daily driver. It's a 1992 BMW 525iT (the wagon) with 80K on the clock. Bought it from my father who just picked up his new ride. Couldn't pass it up, it comes with a set of snow tyres on steel rims too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
Bought a 1988 735i with 55K on the clock back in 2001. Drove it regularily until I sold it last year. What a great car! You really can't go wrong with a well-maintained BMW.

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
My name isnt Steve...;) But I thought I would add a little. We take ownership of a 1998 BMW M3 sedan w/ 5 speed on Tues. It only has 56K on it, We bought it from a friend who is in a spot of $$ and medical issue's, Im very excited, My wife isnt happy about selling her PT Cruiser, But me and most I talk to about it agree its definately a step up. It will be aour Spring-Fall DD, Sould be fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MattP

Jedi Knight
Test drove a M3 for a friend who couldn't drive stick. No, I don't know what he was thinking. Amazing cars, it felt like there was no barrier between thinking and doing. Bringing it back to the lot, I rember thinking turn in here and being in the parking lot. Very nice. Enjoy.

Steve_S

Yoda
Brian (can I call you Steve?)... the M3 is a GREAT car. A friend of mine owned one and let me drive it around. Even better than the standard cars which is more than I can say for most manufacturer's sports versions of standard cars. The M3 feels like a completely different car than the 3-series.

OP
Steve

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Brian (can I call you Steve?)... the M3 is a GREAT car. A friend of mine owned one and let me drive it around. Even better than the standard cars which is more than I can say for most manufacturer's sports versions of standard cars. The M3 feels like a completely different car than the 3-series.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the 3-series is one heck of a nice car as it is.....

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Next thing you know everyone on the forum will be speaking German and eating Brats & Kraut. Nothing wrong with that by the way.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
...Bought it from my father who just picked up his new ride. Couldn't pass it up, it comes with a set of snow tyres on steel rims too!

Get rid of them!
You're much better off with "tires"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Just kidding! Congrats!

rloewy

Freshman Member
I do not have experience with new Bimmers - but I have an old one (1972 '02) and they are wonderful little cars.

I am thinking that a newer BMW is very likely to join our fleet as a backup family car to the Subaru.

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Where are my manners, Congrats! In my excitement to mention mine I forgot to say that...Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Next thing you know everyone on the forum will be speaking German and eating Brats & Kraut. Nothing wrong with that by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

just make sure that we don't mention the war!

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Party pooper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
I will stick with the bangers and smashers...Thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Have fun

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Re: My new daily driver.......up-date :] :]

Well...what can I say, LOVE the M3...the sound the feel, I havent had such a sweet car ever, I use to borrow my dads '86 corvette...unbeknownst to him and before I had a license. What can I say? I know its not the Euro M3 with the 300HP but I think 265HP is very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
That is all.
Have fun all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bmurphy7369

Jedi Trainee
Re: My new daily driver.......up-date :] :]

I tried to buy an old 318i last week, '84, I think. They decided to keep it after telling me they needed the $200 very badly.. I do have an Audi 100, does that entitle me to be called Steve?
Congratulations, BMW's are wonderful cars! I hope to have one some day too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif