• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Is it okay....

Morris

Yoda
If I show up in Missour-uh in my beat up, rusty, DCO'ed (dumb current owner) Midget?

I have been holding off on making any firm plans because I wanted my car to be at least a 20-footer. But as it is, it probably looks okay in a satellite photo. And unless I win the lottery, that's how it's gonna be in June.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
yes! I need someone to park next to

OP
Morris

Morris

Yoda
JP! There is no way I can park next to Miss Triss. Then my car will really look like a wreck. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Country flag
I do not think this is an exclusive event reserved only for show cars. Is it?

When I went to MG2006, there were people there that would not drive their cars on the scenic roads because they didn't want to mess them up before the show. Then there were also people that only stayed briefly at the show because they wanted to go out and do more driving. I suspect that this event will be similar.

Branson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
you might be able to park next to mine while its on the trailer. seeing how it probably wont be running by then /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Trevor Jessie said:
I do not think this is an exclusive event reserved only for show cars. Is it?

When I went to MG2006, there were people there that would not drive their cars on the scenic roads because they didn't want to mess them up before the show. Then there were also people that only stayed briefly at the show because they wanted to go out and do more driving. I suspect that this event will be similar.

I suspect you're right - I also suspect we're mostly goofing around about the condition of each others (and our own) cars /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif - in reality I just hope for a large gathering of much loved cars. - expect y'all are too.

Jayrz

Jedi Trainee
Eh!

My paint is fair at best, interior should be installed by then but I won't be upset if it isn't. I just want to get there with a solid performing car so I can enjoy the roads down there that I love so much. If I have to present a picture acquired using Google-Earth I don't care,, "its that black speck in my driveway I promise"

See every year we make the trek to the lake to stay at my wifes brothers house and tow the SeaDoos, so every year i get to visit those roads again driving a friggin SUV! granted a fast SUV (ForerunnerV8) but,,,, well I am really looking forward to this.

Jay

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Just for the record, the last three cars shows I attended - I brought Ms. Triss' id plate in a baggie - somehow it counts - no trophy though /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It makes no difference what your car looks like. Bring it. We are going to enjoy the company.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I don't have a Spridget, so one might say that I don't have a dog in this fight, so to speak. But this is a lot like when I hear people say they don't come to church because they don't have the "proper clothes" to wear! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazyeyes.gif

Go, Morris! Enjoy!

Mickey

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Who said you could not come if you did not have a Spridget??

Anyone and everyone is welcome.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Mickey Richaud said:
I don't have a Spridget, so one might say that I don't have a dog in this fight, so to speak. But this is a lot like when I hear people say they don't come to church because they don't have the "proper clothes" to wear! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazyeyes.gif

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/iagree.gif

OP
Morris

Morris

Yoda
Mickey... I think you and JP work for the same organization. But I guess you knew that.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
actually I didn't - but - you're right - and cool!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I didn't, either!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Okay, who's not paying attention here, huh??

Glen_B

Jedi Trainee
I was going to fix mine up as best I could, but then I realized that I could just show up and claim the rigors of the drive wore off my concourse shine.

Glen

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
Okay, who's not paying attention here, huh??

We're both preachers and Morris figured it out (we hadn't) - Same CEO - different managers.