• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Okay, what about this?

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
First, I'm bidding on it already.

Second, thanks Tom, for the heads up.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...20961%26fvi%3D1

Works already done, he's replaced parts, and with the scarcity of these bloody 3 synchro ODs, I have a max figure in mind for bidding. I know it's early in the auction and I'm fairly certain my max bid is less than his reserve.

What do you all think?

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Top dollar going well over $1000...

~ratzenfratzen~

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Keep yer cool, girl... an' good luck. Know ya been jonsein' fer one-a them. This would be for Binabox I assume?

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Yes Sir it would. Yup. I'm sitting tight til the last few hours of the auction and we'll see where it's at.

ICESWH

JB, Have you ever tried EZSniper for bidding on EBAY auctions? It bids for you in the last few seconds of the auction. A person using the standard method can't possibly keep up with it. This way you don't even telegraph that you are interested in the item. The first 3 auctions are free. I've used it and I'm very happy with it.
https://www.ezsniper.com/
Check it out and let me know what you think.
This is not a free commercial for the product, just trying to be helpful. Hope no one uses it against me when I'm bidding.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Janel - just go back & change your high dollar bid the the max you're willing to pay & forget about it - don't follow it, don't look at it....when your high bid finally gets beat, eBay will notify you....if it never makes it to your high bid, you'll get it for whatever under that it goes for.....however, don't get caught up in emotional bidding....that thing's gonna go way over $1,000

- & its not worth it!

Steve_S

Yoda
Putting in an early bid is just asking for a new bidder to get caught up in the "one-more-bid-itis". The price will skyrocket in the last few minutes. I always bid only once, and very late in the auction. Sit and think about what your maximum bid will be and think hard. That way there will be no regrets if you are beaten by a dollar.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I know my max bid, it's $800 and it will go for a few hundred over that. I'm cool. I've nearly decided we're putting Binabox together without an od, we can always put one in later.

Some wise man (or wiseguy, in this case) told me that.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Tony's right: Set your bid and leave. You don't NEED the O/D badly enuff to angst over it. Tha Binabox is gonna surprise you when it's on th' pavement without that gearbox. No worries.

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
Good Luck.... I wonder what it will go for! I bid like Tony does too. Once with my high bid and try to forget about it. But Steve may have a good point of doing it late in the game.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I never seem to remember to play the 'late in the game bid' strategy.

I'll talk to Chuck, change my max and see what happens in a few days. No worries!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
If you put your high price in & somebody snipes you at last moment, they'd snipe you even if you were trying to snipe them!

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
How do you outsnipe a sniper?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

I'm really not worried about this OD. If I get it, fine, if not, got other places for that money. Bina doesn't need an OD to get her running!

chris roop

Jedi Hopeful
I lost the steering wheel because I couldn't get the computer switched over fast enough after Cassady screwed around with it while I went to town. Beat by $2. I should have upped my max before leaving for town so snipers couldn't touch me.

JFC

Jedi Hopeful
Janel,
You've got the right idea. Go ahead and finish the car with your current tranny and if an overdrive comes your way for the right price, go for it. I don't have one and drive mine quite a bit. Unless you're really going to cruise the four lanes you'll probably not really care. I for one prefer cruising on two lane roads with 55 mph pretty much the top end. I have however taken the car around the belt ways of both D.C. and Baltimore, no big deal really.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I wouldn't pay $1000 - $800 - or $750 - maybe $500 for it! If you hold out & look in all the nooks & crannies, you'll find one!

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I paid $500 for my late model OD, I'm willing to go $800 on this, but not a dime more. So I've already accepted the fact I'm (okay fine, WE'RE) building Binabox with the gearbox she came with.

Suppose I should have had Chuck & Kelly look in all those nooks and crannies down at your place Tony. I heard a nasty rumor there's a 3 sync laying around down there.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
I still kick myself for passing up a deal about three years ago. Complete, new '65 5-main MGB engine and 3-sync OD transmission, both still in the wooden crates from Moss for $1000 total. AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! If only money and storage weren't so tight at the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif