• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Help with Interior & Top suppliers

David_K

Jedi Hopeful
Looking to find the the supplier with the correct patterns and materials for all interior panels, seat covers, carpet, convertible top, and trunk liners.

How does Moss Motors upholstery kits for all of the above compare to Heritage Trim? Are there other suppliers that are worth mentioning?

Whats is the verdict on leather compared to vinyl when a car is on the market for sale? My car was originally equipped with black vinyl.

Thanks!

Skip & Lynne

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I looked at both Moss and Heritage vinyl and leather for my wifes Healey and went with Heritage leather. Costs a little more but when you see them side by side you can see the difference. I am getting started on another Healey for myself and will go with Heritage leather for that car too. Skip

davidk,ebay has tops for diff.model healeys some n.o.s and some new in a couple diff.materials.bought my n.o.s top for my 1963 bj7 for $100.00 could not be happier.normaly would cost $500+. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

OP
David_K

David_K

Jedi Hopeful
62 views and only two replys? Have I done something wrong already?

Thanks to Skip and Anthony for taking there time to answer my question.

zblu

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Went with leather for the interior of my BN1 (Doesnt get as hot as vinyl in the sun!), and used the same fabric as saab and bmw etc use for their softtops, lasts longer and keeps its shape better

stevebn2bj7

Jedi Warrior
I used Heritage on my BJ7 and am pretty happy with the result. The seats turned out excellent as they did the installation. The panels are are constructed well but some of the glue is coming undone. The upholstery prices are a tad high as they intentionally price themselves above the competitors. The quality speaks for itself though. Where I have a problem with them recently is their carpet prices. I am doing a BN7 now and am investigating alternatives. Their price for wool on a BN7 with the tire cover is about $1,000. AH Spares is about $350 delivered from England and will likely go that route. AH Spares upholstery and panels are competitive with others and I will likely go that route as well.

Heritage is very good if you want custom colors as they have a very wide selection in both carpet and leather/vinyl. AH Spares can do many custom colors as well. I have bought a top for the BJ7 and a tonneau for the BN2 from AH Spares and they are both excellent.

david,dont know if youve seen my responce to th,question on "boot liners" f.y.i ebay item # 4619737887-boot liner,made in u.k. backing,high quality,$125.00 i havnt bought one but they look good and vender seems reputable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

64 BJ8

Freshman Member
Hi, David K

I'm currently redoing a complete interior on my '64 BJ8 & have opted for John Skinner Manufacturing in England; compared them price-wise with AH Spares, Heritage, Moss. Slightly less expensive than AH Spares, and excellent quality items so far from Skinner: complete Karvel carpets; boot lining kit; centre console retrim kit (vinyl); centre cubby (Phase I)in leather; and I'll soon be ordering from them front & rear leather seat kits, top and complete panel kits for my BJ8. I'd expect these to be top-notch also. Check 'em out for a quote.

OP
David_K

David_K

Jedi Hopeful
Thanks everyone for their responses. I'm getting samples from Heritage, and a fellow BJ8 owner has recommended Southern Carburetor in England. I'll check out John Skinner also.