• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Harbor Freight Tool Deal

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
100_0900.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">1/2" stubby ratchet $4.99...its marked $9.99 but the register rings it up as $4.99.</span>

100_0901.jpg

100_0893.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">And, the little sucker is HEAVY! & all metal!</span>

100_0894.jpg

100_0898.jpg

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Good grief, some peoples kids. Ya buy em a new toy and the first thing they do is take it apart.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
losmorob said:
Yep...I also used my 20% off coupon...& she gave it back to me!

At the bottom of the list of coupons they send, there's a place to get more coupons!!

AweMan

Jedi Knight
Anyone had any experience with the tile saws there? I`m thinking on getting one to do a couple of jobs here at the house. I really don`t want to rent a tile saw because I`m the sort that doesn`t like to get in a hurry and if I rent one I`ll be so inclined.

jaegzie

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I have the one that is marked 79.99. I did the floor in my bathroom and the bath tub surround. No problems with it. I ended up buying a nicer blade then it came with and that helped out a lot. other than that I used it for the bathroom and had 0 problems with it. Thats all I can say about it so far, now its sitting on my shelf in the basement.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I got one of th' Home Despot cheapy ones, under $100. It "replaced" a dead MK Diamond... I thought it would be a toy, hoped it would last for enough cuts to do a small bedroom and the kitchen backsplash. Bought another blade with it "just in case". Li'l beast worked GREAT! Even allowed me to do some fairly tricky radii and cuts for electrical outlets on the kitchen job. Decidedly slower and requires a bit more 'fiddling' to be accurate but it still has the original blade on it, workin' like new.
Wouldn't do a large commercial project with it but for DIY household work it's fine. :thumbsup:

...sure beat spendin' $1K on a new MK, too!

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
That's what I'm finding, Doc...I usually look to HF for tools I need to use once....however, I've got their little high speed air body saw that I've been using for several years now....just found it on sale for $10 so I bought a spare....same with my 3" air high speed cutter....been using it for awhile....just forund it on sale for $7.99 so I bought a spare for it also.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Just to show the lack of quality control; I picked up an HF electric die grinder last Sunday that ran for all of 60 seconds before it died. Somehow one of the field coil windings got loose and tangled in the armature

But the motor looks to be identical to the 4" angle grinder I've run for dozens if not hundreds of hours. Just luck of the draw. I'll go get a replacement and likely it will last for many years (especially given how little I use a die grinder).

T

Tinster

Kerry, Like Doc, I got one of th' Home Despot cheapy ones, under $100. I hoped it would last for enough cuts to do our bedroom (480SF) with every tile needing cutting. I thought I'd need two or three of these cheapies to do the entire 1200 SF upstairs. I burned up the cheapy diamond blade and replaced it with a high end blade. I did the entire upstairs with the original $100 saw, plus a 10' by 30' tile floor for Wendy's new orchid room, plus I finished our entire master bathroom and shower room in travertine marble. Same saw.

Like Doc says: "Li'l beast worked GREAT! And I still use it.

One of the best $100 I ever spent.
dale

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I have a little HF 4 inch grinder I've had for about 5 years and I think it was 30 bucks, use it a lot and it's still going strong. In HF a couple months ago I bought another, on sale, for a spare. Tony, I'm glad to hear the air saw held up ok as I just bought one the same time I bought the grinder.

R

RonMacPherson

that ratchet looks identical to a SnapOn that I purchased around 15 years ago. Wonder if the patent wasn't renewed?

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I have been extremely happy with HF return policy. Haven't used it a lot but so far they have been great. But I try to stay away from their power tools.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
RonMacPherson said:
that ratchet looks identical to a SnapOn that I purchased around 15 years ago. Wonder if the patent wasn't renewed?

It looks similar but far from identical, Ron. The overall length is a bit shorter, the retaining plate is narrower and a different outline... but that said, it'll likely hold up for quite a while under less-than daily use.

I suspect it 'resembles' the real thing the same way the Chinese spray guns resemble Binks' units.