• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Clock Works!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Most of you know that I bought a TR8 recently. Everything worked on it, except for the clock. Yesterday afternoon I poked around under the dash to see if maybe a wire had come loose. What I found was a huge mouse nest - EEEWWWW! On went the rubber gloves and I started pulling bits of straw, paper, hair, feathers, and no telling what else - along with a couple of petrified mice (EEEWWWW again!). Stuck the shop vac up there and got the rest of it out, and when I turned the vac off, I heard the clock ticking. This morning when I checked, it had kept perfect time. Isn't it amazing how the little things thrill?

Mickey

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
That's about the only thing that still works in my 'Vette... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Mice and British cars go hand and hand. I found a whole dead family of them under tha back seat of my Stag. The little #$%$#'s chewed up my owner's manual as well. I honestly had no problems feedin' 'em to my snake from about that point on... Congrats on the clock! It really is about the little things!

Country flag
Just in time for you to forget to set it back... or, is it supposed to go forward???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Russ Austin

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hey Mickey let's see some pictures of the new ride!!, looks like you got about what you wanted for the 3. Sorry to see that one go, it was sweet! where is the the owner from?

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hey Russ -

The new owner is in California - hopefully, he'll be on the Forum before long.

Here's the new addition.

Attachments

• 142415-TR8-1.jpg
    142415-TR8-1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 98

Russ Austin

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Sharp look'in 8, I like the color. What is it Emerald or something like that. I 've been working on the 59 TR3 getting it ready for paint. Just got the 58 back from an engine rebuild. So lots going on.

Type at ya later!

ObiRichKanobi

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Oh, I like. I especially like the rear spoiler.

Wish my clock would work consistently. It'll run for a few hours, then quit for a few days.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Russ - Thanks, it's called Poseidon Green Metallic (fancy for metallic BRG!). Needs a repaint, and I'll go with the same color.

Rich - Not sure if I'm going to keep the spoiler. Asked the question of whether to keep it a couple of weeks ago, but not too much of a response. As for the clock... we'll see if it keeps running. I was surprised it started up when I cleaned the nest out.

Mickey

John_Mc

Jedi Knight
Country flag
a clock that is wrong is always wrong, but a clock that is broken is right twice a day! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

G

I say keep the spoiler Mickey, I think it looks great. The TR7/8 was such a cutting edge design when it was first penned that it looks fresh and fairly modern even today IMO. That little wing looks right at home there. Now if it was one of those huge bare aluminum or faux carbon fiber 747 airbrake rear wings that looked like it fell off the back of a riced out Civic I'd say ditch it as quickly as possible. I think an integrated lip/ducktail type rear spoiler would look good on a 7 or 8 also, like what my old Mustang Cobra II had on the rear deck.

philman

Jedi Knight
My clock in my '81 tr7 would quit if i disconnected the battery and not restart unless I whacked it with the butt of a small screwdriver, then kept time until I disconnected the battery again. Never had a problem with the '76 TR7.