• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Building BBS Traffic

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
There's got to be a way to get more people posting/reading the BBS....anybody got any ideas....I'd like to stay over here predominantly but sometimes its a bit slow....

Steve_S

Yoda
I like this forum too, but most of the MGB people prefer the "other" one, and there aren't enough owners of other models of MG to keep this place busy. Nearly all TD/TF owners use the UK board and most of the A and C owners do the same. TA/B/C owners use a mailing list. So, it's the B owners who need to get their butts over here and post. I love this place for many reasons but mainly because you can converse and problem-solve with people who own more than just MGs.

BCruzn

Jedi Hopeful
There are B people who jump back and forth. I know a few posters on this board, who also post on MGAddict, another good board. These are the only two boards that a person can ask a question without fear of being chastizesed (sp). I like both of these boards equaly, I hope that doesn't offend anyone. Jeff-MGAddict and Basil this site are both good people and run clean sites. I feel the reason for the lack of posts is the time of year. I know I drive Lizzie a lot more now than I do when it's 90+ degrees. When most of us park our cars, the posts will come. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

G

I read all 4 of them (this one, MGB Exp, mgcars, and MGAddict). I also read the Spritespot one and occasionally the garagejunkies one too. But the only one I really post on is MGB Exp. I post here too every now and then. This just has too many different forums for me to take the time and look through them all every day and try to keep up with them. Keeping up with the MGB Exp is hard enough. This has some nice posts though, and since it doesn't get as much traffic, the same questions aren't asked over and over again within the period of the same week. I like that.

Steve_S

Yoda
I frequent all four every day. I love the variety. The MGBE site is really busy but the bulk of it is just chit chat. I suggested making a seperate area for that stuff to make it easier to keep up but that forum is extremely resistant to any kind of changes, even when they make sense.

em754

I check the four of them and the MGOC forum, the 'Experience' site is by far the busiest, but i agree with you Steve, it would be easier if it was split into Technical and General!