• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A most excellent weekend

bighly

Jedi Knight
What a great time. My daughter (12) and I spent the weekend together on an overnighter Healey adventure. We left Sat morning and headed over the passes from the South Bay to Hwy 1. We headed north through Santa Cruz and up the coast to San Francisco.

Once in SF we parked the Healey at the hotel garage and took in the SF Giants / Chicago Cubs game. This was her first MLB game and she had a blast, eating hot dogs and peanuts and cheering SF on. Although Barry Bonds did not hit a ball out of the park (we were both hoping) and SF lost, it was great time.

After the game we went over to Union square and shopped around a bit for school clothes and had dinner on Russian Hill after a cable car stint.

Sunday morning we hopped back in the Healey and crossed over the Golden Gate Bridge in the fog (I can never cross that bridge enough in a Healey) and met up with Tahoe Healey and the GGAHC North bay gang. After a brief round of introductions and team meeting we all drove up to Mt Tam and shared cookies and coffee thanks to Kim. The view was wonderful with the coluds hugging tightly over San Francisco and the taller landmarks poking through.

Then it was back down Mt Tam and North to Point Reyes Station for lunch. Continuing North after lunch we had a great run and ended the tour near Bodega Bay and headed back south.

My daughter and I crossed back over the Golden Gate Bridge and hugged the coastline up Hwy 1 again stopping to have a quick snack and watch the kite surfers. We topped the passes above Watsonville on our last leg of the adventure just at sunset, a perfect end to a perfect weekend.

Life just does'nt get much better than this. It is very clear how lucky I am to have the opportunity to spend such quality time with my daughter. A true Healey experience !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
mt_tam-0002.jpg
The gang' rides
mt_tam-0003.jpg
View of SF from Mt Tam

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Two awesome pics...wow...looks like a great bunch of Healey's...all in one place...caravaning...wow....

Country flag
The little black bumps in the center of the picture at the top of the clouds are tall buildings in San Francisco. It was a beautiful drive.
The Healeys were only out shined by Bighly's daughter. A truly beautiful and sweet young lady.

Bugeye58

Yoda
Tracy, what a wonderful way to spend a weekend!
I miss my time out there, doing much of the same, although in a '65 Sprite.
Tomales Bay Mussels at Point Reyes Station, the Stationhouse Cafe. Yum.
Jeff

OP
bighly

bighly

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
The Healeys were only out shined by Bighly's daughter. A truly beautiful and sweet young lady.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankyou. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Skip & Lynne

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Big Healey I have 3 daughters and had the wonderful pleasure of taking them with me on many of my lifes adventures as they were growing up. From scuba diving in Florida to flying my antique airplanes to deer hunting in South Georgia. I only hope your memories are a wonderful as mine are. All are now grown happily married to good ,successful, christian men with kids of their own. I have 2 Healeys and will restore a 3rd so I can leave each a car when I am gone. I hope you enjoy your daughter as much as I have mine. Skip