• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

barnfind BSA

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
Well sort of. I went to do a plumbing job at an empty house that had all of it's pipes stolen. In the basement is a 69 BSA Lightning. More like a bunch of pieces of several BSAs. Owner of the house said he left it behind when he moved away 4 years ago and had no plans for it. There are at least three gas tanks, fiberglass fairings and tail fairings, a seat, a frame, sprockets, forks, springs, fenders, and tons of little new pieces in bags. Only thing I didn't see was an engine. The owner said he would love to get a few bucks for the stuff. Bike is in Plymouth Mass. Owner is in Thompson Ct. If anybody can strike a deal with the owner, I would be happy to go by and let you into the house to retrieve it. I WON"T SHIP ANYTHING! It's not my bike, just thought it might help someone out. If it had been a basement full of car parts, it would have made a good Christmas present for me. If anybody local wants to have a look, send me a PM and I'll forward some phone numbers.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Heck, if he left them when he moved & has no plans for them you'd think you could just haul them away!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
To you?

OP
T

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
No, I'll stick to four wheels. It went to someone on this board out of NH who PMed me for details. I'm sure he'll chime in if he wants his identity known. Seems everybody is happy. I'm just glad I could help out.

Pictures tomorrow

mark

ok better late than never. i apoligze for the poor quality of the pictures. I have all this stuff in my office because the day after i got it all home i went out to the shed and found it all perspiring and visions of rust drove me to move it all inside to keep it warm and dry. all of these parts appear to be in really good shape, the chrome has held up well. The frame appears to have been painted and looks very nice, it has a few scratches from storing and handling that i will touch up. the wheels are in decent shape with brand new tires on them. lots of new trinkets and new parts. fenders are excellent. it came with three tanks in various stages, but all look very good and useable. new fork gaiters and a brand new pair of progressive springs for the front end, new petcocks, new chain, brand spanking new electronic iggy unit. new rubbers and some decals.. lloks like the whole thing is here and someone had it all bagged up and stored .Pretty good find and at a real good price. there is a pic of the donor bike. That poor thing was bodged up pretty badly and i have only been saving it for the motor. Looks like i have pretty much everything i need. I have been looking around the web for detailed shots of a 69 Lightning, but not having much luck. I need close ups so i can figure out where stuff goes and how things are run. If any have some/ or are willing to take some of their bike please feel free to contact me.

Mark

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Good on ya, Mark!

Thanx Tony!

m

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Good luck to you! An ambitious project, but it'll be fantastic once it's done.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Looking good - keep the photos coming!