• Hi Guest - Welcome to the New BCF!! Welcome to the new (as of 2/22/21) British Car Forum. For help navigating this platform, see: This forum
  • Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

Barnfind Bugeyes

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Wow, 6 Bugeye Barn Find. Interesting inventorying each car and then trying to start each car. Spoiler Alert, Car # 1 moves on it's own power by the end of the video doing nothing more than feeding fresh gas into the car, validating there is oil in the engine and coolant in the radiator. MC Is of course trashed but I was impressed with how little it took to get this car going. They ended up starting the car in gear with no Brakes or Clutch and drove it around the building where these Bugeyes are currently housed. There is also a Related Video titled Will # 2 Start that I have not watched yet.

Boink

Yoda
Silver
Wow, what fun... and amazing he got one going that easily.

nomad

Yoda
That first one he drove several hundred miles to a car show a week or two ago.That is Steve Meyer of Skunk River Restorations in Ames Iowa. He drives um!:encouragement:

Kurt

Steve installed my engines I built in two of his aluminum body Sprites, one supercharged with Sherrock SC,and one with carbs. I just figured out who he is when you mention Skunk River Restorations.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Steve installed my engines I built in two of his aluminum body Sprites, one supercharged with Sherrock SC,and one with carbs. I just figured out who he is when you mention Skunk River Restorations.

No there's a name we haven't seen in a while! great to see you - how are things?

Dscarson

Freshman Member
I found a one owner BE in Texas that had been in a barn since 1986. When the owner got finished painting it, it would not run. Connected the high tension lead and it started and ran on the brown gunk in the gas tank. Tough little engines. the restoration is nearly complete