• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Italian Cop cars

A

aerog

Some State troopers around here have Firebirds. Years ago they had Mustangs (the type before the latest style though).

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
The police have always had higher performance cars (world-wide).

Read an article once about 1960's Ferraris - I think one of the V12 2+2 models - being used by Italian police back then.

And from what I understand, some the "ordinary" looking cars (Caprice's, Crown Victoria's, etc...) are tweaked to be very fast. Unfortunately I think all the speed equipment is removed before they sell them to the public.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Cool police car. The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has a number of tweaked Camaro's which are pretty fast.

Cheers,
thirsty.gif
driving.gif

Walter

adam90009

Jedi Warrior
all of the cops arond here are caprice's and crown vic's a couple of unmarked white maibu's and one 1997 blue blazer. im gonna t spotting them. and i know all their fav. spots too

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
When I was much younger and "knew" I could probably outrun any cop car in my MGB, my friend took me for a ride in a 1963 Ford cop car purchased by his family (they worked for the NJ State Police) from the State Police auction. After that I knew I could never outrun a cop car. Thing cornered on rails and was fast.

Wonder how often the Lambo will be in the service center?

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SilentUnicorn:
.....i want one
<hr></blockquote>

I saw one of those new Lambos (civilian version) last week at Pocono Raceway (at a Time Trials that I ran). To state the obvious, it was a lot faster than my Spridget.
I can hear the Italian police officer now:
"I'll need to see your license and registration....as soon as I get out of this #@%&#+%$ thing!"
German Autobahn police used Porsche 911s for years (with tall "stalks" on the roof holding an elevated red strobe light).
Nearby New York State Troopers used 5 liter Mustangs for many years. These Mustangs were blue and yellow and were referred to as "Sunoco Specials" by the CB radio crowd (blue and yellow is the color scheme of Sunoco gas stations).
My nearby Morristown, NJ police officers have just aquired a new fleet of.........................................BICYCLES! (at least they're Cannondales).

[ 05-14-2004: Message edited by: aeronca65t ]</p>

pmenhusen

Jedi Trainee
Yes, ex-police cars can be bought. However, they tend to be of the "rode hard and put away wet" variety. Here in Kansas, used highway patrol cars are often handed down to the county and city police, where they rack up many hard miles. The mileage doesn't tell you how many hours the car sat idling. One financing application I saw even required the dealer to certify that the vehicle had never been a police car or taxi cab. The finance company wasn't interested in using them for collateral at any price.