• Hi Guest - Welcome to the New BCF!! Welcome to the new (as of 2/22/21) British Car Forum. For help navigating this platform, see: This forum
  • Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

NSU and coachbuilt cars

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
driving home today and passed a flatbed with an NSU Sport Prinz on the back - immaculate! It was gorgeous. Didn't snap a pic but it looked like this

nsu.jpg

In other news, this article came in Hammings today - an article on a guy coachbuilding cars on Mazda Miata rolling gear. I think they are gorgeous!

Here is the article

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/20...aily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-10-16

and I sure wouldn't kick this out of my garage for leaking oil.

cAR 1.jpg

or this

SWIFT.jpg

Gliderman8

Yoda
Gold
Nice!

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Saw a lot of those Sport Prinz at the Canadian Winter Rally back in the sixties. There was a factory team IIRC, also several BMW 700's. Had a soft spot for both marques back then but didn't have three nickles to rub together.

That rally started in Toronto and went to North bay and back. Entered it twice but never finished !

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Saw a lot of those Sport Prinz at the Canadian Winter Rally back in the sixties. There was a factory team IIRC, also several BMW 700's. Had a soft spot for both marques back then but didn't have three nickles to rub together.

That rally started in Toronto and went to North bay and back. Entered it twice but never finished !

that's neat! There were so many interesting cars in those day - and I love the idea of rallying, really more than any other form of racing. We still have the Maple Leaf Rally Club but even it is on the decline - especially now. They used to video the rallies for TV but I was only ever interested in the vintage class - especially 2 weheel drive.

rally-67.jpg