• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wanted Looking for TR4 or $A

Andy Blackley

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Looking for TR4 or 4A

Looking to buy a previously restored TR4 or TR4A, preferably one that underwent a frame off restoration at some point but not a show car. Sensible modifications are OK

Last edited:

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Andy, how far are you willing to go.
We are in NC and my friend has a dark green one he has resonantly decide to let go. Restored a few years back, but always kept inside. He's talking in the area of $20K but I know it will need a valve job soon as he just does short trips and is on choke most of the time. Told him not to do that.
It has the alternator and headlight upgrades, Wires and Relays. New harness was installed plus seats and carpets. Body is prefect and has the rare back up lights. Took forever to find those.
I'll get you some pictures if interested. Oh, I built him a Spit6 and that was his dream car, so the 4A doesn't get used much.

Country flag
Andy,
there is one on Craigslist in Birmingham, Al that looks very good and original. Thought about going to,look at it myself.
Marv

OP
Andy Blackley

Andy Blackley

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Marv:
The one in Florence? Looks like a great project, but I am looking for one that has been restored previously. Ideally a car that was restored 10-15 years ago showing some "patina" and now needs a bit of TLC.

Thanks,
Andy

Country flag
Andy,
the one in Florence is mine. Its more of a project. There is a green TR4A in Birmingham with period correct ARE mags. States 47k miles, its listed beow mine on craigslist
Marv

OP
Andy Blackley

Andy Blackley

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Marv:
That one is also listed on the Triumph Experience as well as in Hemmings. Seems a bit over priced for an unrestored car.
Andy

Country flag
I will take an unrestored original car over a restored one any day. And I restore them quite often myself. I have two grd up restored TR250s now. I know whats been done to them but to buy a restored car from somone else I would have to really pay close attention. On another note, I have 67 TR4a to restore later which is a no rust car, most is original paint. It will cost to restore more than the unrestored car price. I have not seen the one in Birmingham but does look pretty original in the pictures.

OP
Andy Blackley

Andy Blackley

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Yep, I even put a bid on it for yuks. I have a line now on one that is a true TR4A, no surrey or OD, but extremely nice from a kind forum member.

thanks for thinking of me!

Andy

TR3pilot

Country flag
Andy, My Father-in-law recently gave my daughter his 4A that he did a body off in the late 90's, he's owned it since mid 70's. I'll be putting her on BaT over the next month or so.

OP
Andy Blackley

Andy Blackley

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Thanks, I will keep a look out for it. A forum member has already put me in touch with a really nice car that I hope to check out soon.

OP
Andy Blackley

Andy Blackley

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Many thanks to Wayne Tate, a long time member of this forum, who led me to my recent purchase of a 1967 TR4A, and who did so much more to assist with the sale. Thanks also to other members who provided their valued input, all of which makes the vintage Triumph community such an enjoyable one. The car is exactly what I was looking for in terms of condition and I look forward to many happy years of "stewardship".

IMG_20190407_144200447.jpg

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thank you Andy for giving this car a great home. So glad I could help get it as right as we could for you.
Have many years of enjoyment.
A special thanks to Marvin for having a hard to find part that was a good as new.

OP
Andy Blackley

Andy Blackley

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Thank you Marv, and thanks for having a good exhaust manifold when it was needed!
Andy