• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR Bucket List

Lou Metelko

Jedi Trainee
About 4:30 this past Wednesday the Hagerty, Hemmings and Coker Tire sponsored "Great Race" arrived in Auburn, Indiana for an evening stop in their Jacksonville, Florida to Traverse City, Michigan time, speed, distance rally. The entrants are limited to driving any car built 1972 or earlier with the oldest being a 1909 American Simplex. Entrants are assigned a handicap depending on age of their vehicle. Having personally set up a few rallys over the years I can't imagine the logistics to set up a route over all secondary roads for about 2100 miles and seven days! The limited to 120 cars had drivers and navigators of all ages and genders. The route changes every year and 2018 will be from Buffalo, New York to Nova Scotia. Since 2018 is already sold out, I have firmly placed a 2019 entry on my bucket list! Thought I might add that the entry fee is an eye watering $5,500 and that does not include meals, fuel and lodgeing along the way. For more information go to the www.greatrace.com web site.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana

AltaKnight

Jedi Knight
Time to start assembling spares and tools, oh, and find a ride-on mechanic!

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I must say that I'm tempted but it's too rich for me. I can see it eating another 5 over the entry fee. Less of course if your car is totally ready for it. Mine is not. Tom

JerryVV

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Any group can set up their own Rally for much less $$ and donate it to a worthy charity. The British Reliability Run comes to mind where each participant raises donations individually. I have no idea what $5500 buys you but it seems rich for a back road drive with friends. Ego?

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
The Great Race always sounded neat to me especially when they ran only pre WW2 cars. The 2018 route may be close to me - if they hug Lake Ontario for a while I'm going to have to watch them come through.

Country flag
The Great Race was on my bucket list for years. A local friend has been running it for several years and has gotten close to winning a couple of times. It came thru Florence, Al the week before my Father passed. Last outting he and I had, it was great! Afraid I've lost the desire to ride in an old car for two weeks time.
Marv

KVH

Darth Vader
Country flag
I could go since I'm from Nova Scotia and know the place well. And owe it to myself to go back. Weighing the guilt of $5500, I'll likely opt instead for ten or so trips in and around Arizona. But sounded nice for a moment.