• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

healey.autox email list

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Does anyone know what happened to the healey.autox email list? I regarded it as a great asset along with this forum, with each being a good source of information/communications and many folks active on both.

Seems like it just fell out of favor and I rarely get any messages via it.

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My last received message was from 10 days ago and spotty before that. Thanks and I guess I had better contact the moderator...

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I haven't had any posts for over a week and even when its working there is very little traffic. I used to really enjoy the list but I think its had its day, particularly as the format doesn't really work and threads with lots of comments are chopped up making them difficult to follow.

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Last night I had trouble reaching the page to change/confirm memberships and passwords but this morning I received a couple of messages from the administrator and got in that way. I confirmed my membership and put in a new password so maybe traffic will go back to normal, though from what others are saying things are different. Too bad as the emailer list was sometimes a handy way to discuss an issue in something closer to real time than happens here.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Some email providers (like Yahoo, for example) block messages from the list. I set up a GMail account for list messages and haven't had problems with it. I'm on the Healey list and the Spridget list and there's no doubt traffic on both has diminished considerably since their glory years. The AHCA-New England has started up a monthly tech call and it surprises me how many people have never heard of the Team Net list, this forum or the AHExperience. Between the three, you can usually find an answer for whatever issue ails your Healey. I'm in a few Healey Facebook groups, which seem more event-oriented and not as deep on technical info.

RonR

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I have not been able to receive emails from the list for a very long time. I have tried to register again but no luck. Can someone share the link for registrtion?
Thanks.
Ron

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I have not been able to receive emails from the list for a very long time. I have tried to register again but no luck. Can someone share the link for registrtion?
Thanks.
Ron

https://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Another thing for people not getting their messages, check your spam folder. Some email providers send it right to spam and you may have to set a permission to allow it to be directed into your regular email folder.

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Rick--

Thanks for the tip and let's hope that does the trick.

jnew

Freshman Member
Country flag
Just to let everyone know, I have received over 30 emails from the list in the past week alone (and almost 1,900 this calendar year), so the list is definitely alive and well.

Sometimes the list goes quiet for a few days, then erupts with great discussions (and not just about oil or tires). I've also noticed that some people cross post on both the list and this forum, but most of the discussions are unique to each.

I echo the experience of the above posts: ISP filtering, redirection to spam folders and getting dropped from the mailing list for too many bounced emails all contribute to the perception that the list is down.

Keep trying so we can all keep the mailing list alive.

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My server is gmail. Last night I created a filter directing that messages from Healeys@autox.team.net NOT be sent to spam. Nevertheless three or four posts made since then wound up in my spam box and two posts made it through to my inbox.

I just went through my email settings and created the filter again so perhaps that will have better results. In any case I am glad to hear the list is still up and running and hope I can gain dependable and consistent access to it.

PHulst

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
My server is gmail. Last night I created a filter directing that messages from Healeys@autox.team.net NOT be sent to spam. Nevertheless three or four posts made since then wound up in my spam box and two posts made it through to my inbox.

I just went through my email settings and created the filter again so perhaps that will have better results. In any case I am glad to hear the list is still up and running and hope I can gain dependable and consistent access to it.

If you figure out how to teach gmail how to spam - or not spam - certain mail please let us know.
Even when I consistently move a sender to "not spam" future emails still end up there.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
If you figure out how to teach gmail how to spam - or not spam - certain mail please let us know.
Even when I consistently move a sender to "not spam" future emails still end up there.

Try adding "healeys@autox.team.net" to your contacts list:

[h=3]Add a single contact[/h]
  1. Go to Google Contacts.
  2. In the bottom right, click Add
    jGbiJw2tGliUWOsg332Sj8KxyEiv3nsqQSfm
    . (If you don't see Add
    jGbiJw2tGliUWOsg332Sj8KxyEiv3nsqQSfm
    , go to add contacts in old Contacts.)
  3. Enter the contact's information.
  4. Click Save.
Also, if you still find individual lister's email going to spam, you should include them in your contacts as well.

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My creating a "positive" filter that accepts emails from healeys@autox apparently worked as I sent a post to the email list this morning and had several listers respond on list--which I received--acknowledging my post. I have since created a second such filter directing that any email containing the words "healey", "Healey", "Healey" and "Healeys" in the title be sent to my inbox.