• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Spridgets at Eurofest in Greenville SC

1976Midget

Jedi Hopeful
Is any of You Spriget Guys going i like to meet some of you. it Oct 20-21 I think. Very cool SHOW!

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
I don't know yet or not. I never been before. I don't believe my midget will be finished by then. I'm about an hour away from there. You will probably come right by here on the way on I26. I'm at exit 37 (about 1 and 1/2 miles from it)if you have any trouble.

OP
1976Midget

1976Midget

Jedi Hopeful
I prolly be with my Buddy and his Fiat 500. My MG is not worthy of crossing the TN/NC Mountians Yet. i make sure too look for people

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
If I am off that weekend then I will try and make it. I know my car won't be ready. Is it very expensive to go just to look around? I never been to a show before. Not a lot of money being out of work on disability. Hopefully that will chance in the near future. There have been 6 guys from where I work that have ended up going to work down there at the car plant. They were wanting me to apply but I did not want to move and i knew that the 90 minute drive would get very old and get me in trouble with tickets and all. I think all those guys moved down that way. Too hot for me though, but the money is much better down there.

My car club FBCC (Foothills British Car Club) are the fouders of this event,and still real active in it's running. I'll be there, more than likely I'll be one of the guys parking you in the show line, I normally have something on with Acme Speed Shop logo, give me a shout.

I highly recommend you getting in on the driving stuff at the Performance center, the rat race is the best, very cool.

OP
1976Midget

1976Midget

Jedi Hopeful
regularman said:
If I am off that weekend then I will try and make it. I know my car won't be ready. Is it very expensive to go just to look around? I never been to a show before. Not a lot of money being out of work on disability. Hopefully that will chance in the near future. There have been 6 guys from where I work that have ended up going to work down there at the car plant. They were wanting me to apply but I did not want to move and i knew that the 90 minute drive would get very old and get me in trouble with tickets and all. I think all those guys moved down that way. Too hot for me though, but the money is much better down there.
I was amazed on how many Germans actaully work at that Plant. man it be cool just to work in town called sugartit. LOL i am so looking forward to Getting to tour the plant this year. last year they had it closed due to some new models comming out. what part of NC you live in? i use to hang out in asheville alot

OP
1976Midget

1976Midget

Jedi Hopeful
Hap Waldrop said:
My car club FBCC (Foothills British Car Club) are the fouders of this event,and still real active in it's running. I'll be there, more than likely I'll be one of the guys parking you in the show line, I normally have something on with Acme Speed Shop logo, give me a shout.

I highly recommend you getting in on the driving stuff at the Performance center, the rat race is the best, very cool.

Man you know the Guys from Down at Carolina rod shop. In Peidmont. I use to sell VW Parts to thoughs guys.

OP
1976Midget

1976Midget

Jedi Hopeful
the beer and food is one of the coolest features about this event. the german selling pretzels is a hoot.

275930901_8de6223be6.jpg

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
1976Midget said:
regularman said:
I was amazed on how many Germans actaully work at that Plant. man it be cool just to work in town called sugartit. LOL i am so looking forward to Getting to tour the plant this year. last year they had it closed due to some new models comming out. what part of NC you live in? i use to hang out in asheville alot
Arden, right near the skyland exit on I 26. We are almost in asheville now. I'm about 9 miles from downtown asheville.

OP
1976Midget

1976Midget

Jedi Hopeful
Yeah i know right where you are. I love Asheville. it one of my favorite places to go. hope to see you at eurofest.

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
I got lots of things going on right now. Hopefully, I can make it. If not then definitely next year. I got plans to get the midget on the road in early spring and get any bugs worked out. The do the big get together in Mo. and then maybe later on hit that one in greer and then later there is one in Charleston that I have been invited to a couple of times. There are some things right around asheville that look nice to do but I'm leary of them. Its a wealthy class here and things might be expensive. They have a car club here but I have never joined. I don't want to make commitments I can't keep.

ncbugeye

Jedi Warrior
I am still considering coming. I'd definitely tow, and I don't have a car-capable trailer and would have to borrow one. If anyone in the Raleigh area has such a thing I could rent or borrow, I'd be more likely to make the trip.

I have a buddy that has a big flat-bed trailer suitable for big Detroit muscle cars or larger, but the Bugeye would look silly on it.

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
ncbugeye said:
I am still considering coming. I'd definitely tow, and I don't have a car-capable trailer and would have to borrow one. If anyone in the Raleigh area has such a thing I could rent or borrow, I'd be more likely to make the trip.

I have a buddy that has a big flat-bed trailer suitable for big Detroit muscle cars or larger, but the Bugeye would look silly on it.
If you have a vehicle with a 2" trailer ball, u-haul rents those tow dollies pretty cheap. You should drive it though.

ncbugeye

Jedi Warrior
I approached U-haul before when I was trying to buy one in Illinois, last year. At that time they said their tow dollies don't adjust down narrow enough for something as small as a Bugeye.