• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Moss Motors magazine

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Somehow I managed to get on their mailing list, and I receive them regularly.

Short informative articles, and lots of sale items listed in each one.

Always welcome in the mailbox amidst all the shoe, clothes, and "senior" health catalogs the wife gets!

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
I think they come quarterly. Nice articles in there. This winter issue that I just received is gonna show me how to maximize the workspace in my garage. Perhaps that will be my Sunday project. :laugh:

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Todd, I was going to contact you about the editor who got ripped off on repairs and lost a lot of parts from her TR8. That is a terrible story and I was wondering if you have anything that you may be parting out that the guys who fleeced her lost or damaged? I have emailed her asking for a list of what she needs and I told her I would try to get some help for help through people that I knew here in New England. I just sent that today, so if I hear back from her, I may be calling you and others for some help. Something that we may not think much of, may mean a lot to her.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Think you need to be a member. or have one

OP
T

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
Paul, the shop owner that fleeced her is located half way between your house and mine. Be careful what you say or you will get black listed. That being said, me and several other local TR8 owners have spoken about the situation would love to help her out. I'll offer up whatever "rare" parts are needed as well as my time and trailer duty. The article was brought to my attention by several other TR8 owners with similar experiences.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
OK, thanks for the tip. I have some spares and will offer them up as well. I'll follow up after I hear from her.

justin_mercier

Jedi Warrior
Most all of my wedge spares went to Albany with my TR7 when I sold it a couple months back, but if an extra hand or wrench or use of sheet metal tools (shears, stretcher/shrinkers, etc) is needed, and a work party gets started, count me in.

(I think the only wedge spare I've still got is an AC Pressure switch, which I know is NLA from anyone, and only arrived in the mail from ebay after I had sold the wedge)

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Don, I don't know. Kathleen hasn't answered me yet. I will try calling her tomorrow to see if I can get a list together from her.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I just spoke to a co-worker in the Colorado facility who is going to contact Kathy for us. As soon as I can speak to her and get a list I'll be posting back with it.

Thanks for everyone's help. Maybe we can help this gal out and save another one from the scrap yard.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I just got another email from another of Kathy's friends. She can use the help and will be back to us shortly. I will post everyone as soon as I know more.

Thanks to all and let's keep this going.

Don, I'm scanning the article and I'll email it to you shortly.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I just got an email from Kathy and she can use our help for parts and advice. She will be getting a list together, along with some pictures by weeks end, so to all who can possibly help, please stand by a little longer.

Vaark01

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I receive them in the mail. Nice publication with lots of goodies on sale.

I don't recall signing up for it, but I enjoy getting it.

Paul