• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Excellent customer service - Moss Motors

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I called two of the big three late this Wednesday afternoon and several direct manufacturers of roll bars for my TR6. The results were pretty much the same, prices were all about the same, delivery was 3-5 weeks and shipping was from $65 to $158.30 depending who I talked to. I didn't speak to anyone at Moss because their line was busy, which I now can understand.

At any rate, I did get through to Moss last and talked to a nice fellow in California who checked the inventory and told me that it was in stock, gave me the tubing weld type, tubing O.D. and wall thickness and gave me a price of $23.40 shipping to my door in MA. He also explained that it would be wrapped securely, but not boxed in order to qualify for UPS shipping. They could not however guarantee that the bar would not be scratched, which I said was fine because I was probably going to powder coat it anyhow. I said OK and gave him the info to place the order and he asked if there was anything else he could do. I said yes, I would like to have it for the weekend. He laughed said no problem. I laughed too, knowing that it was coming from CA.

Thursday at 1:00PM, my wife calls my cell to say my roll bar came in and it's wrapped so tight she can't get it apart to check it. It came triple wrapped with the bottom layer sealed in heavy sheet plastic, without a scratch. And to make it better the finish is beautiful and may actually be powder coating. I won't know until the plastic comes off and I can check it out. He did have it shipped from NJ so I could have it for the weekend and it was done UPS ground. He just made sure that NJ got it packed and out in the same day.

This is the third time in the last two months that this company has impressed me with service and friendliness and maybe that's a reason why their lines are busy so much. I know I'll wait the next time I need something until I can get through to them.

My name and shipping info was on the bottom layer, so the additional wrapping in bubble and padded paper was done before shipping. That means that someone had to hustle to pack it up in time to go out that afternoon, which I feel was over and above quality service.

jerrybny

Jedi Knight
Their prices are a little higher than the LBC but when you need it fast they are the best. I always use them when I need something and don't want to wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Paul,

I have to agree... except for used parts and items I can get at NAPA I only buy from Moss. I usually do it over the computer and I usually always get it the next day at no additional cost.

Harry,
CT - I guess no golf today!

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Harry - no golf for the remainder of the weekend either in CT or RI. I just drainede 6 inches of excess water out of my in-laws pool and will probably be draining again tomorrow. The course that I'm a member of is next door and the fairways are full of puddles, which means no carts Sunday.

Tinkerman

Darth Vader
You know, without all of the various vendors both here and on the other side of the pond we would have a tough time with our hobby. Parts would be very difficult to get, reproduction items wouldn't exist, we would have to get items made in a machine shop, big $$$$$$$. I did a frame up restoration of a 1927 LaSalle, discontinued production in 1941. Broke the cam bolt, had to get it made in a machine shop, expensive.
I have found that the vendors we use are always helpful, and seem to be interested in helping me solve my problems. They don't alwasy have what I need and I may have to hunt around, but I salute them all for helping make the LBC restoration path less bumpy and not quite so steep.
Cheers, Tinkerman

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Tinkerman, you are absolutely correct and I agree with you wholeheartedly, which is why I thought that it was fair to compliment Moss on what they did. But competition is what makes business better and to simply live by ones accolades will be the downfall of any good business today. Therefore, I feel that constructive criticism, as well as praise for a job well done, should both be given and accepted for exactly what they are, nothing more and nothing less.

Tinkerman

Darth Vader
Hi Paul
Couldn't agree with you more. I recently got some above and beyond the call of duty service on a body panel from Moss. Great to have that kind of vendors.
By the way I grew up close to Woonsocket in a town called Sutton, Mass. Still have relatives all over Mass, Conn, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. Been away from there since 1963. Bought my first really old car, a 1931 Buick Coupe in a small town in Conn. $35, put a battery in it and drove it away. Miss them good old days, occasionally, not always though.
Cheers, Tinkerman

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
TM, I'm a transplant from Johnstown, in western PA, near TRF, actually. I moved here in 1981 and I miss the good old days too. After all, it was the "good old days" that gave our beloved LBC's.

My first car was a 55 Chevy 2 dr hard top that I got in 1968. I stuck a 283 and 3 speed with O/D in, with duals and cherry bombs and thought I was a hot rod driving expert. At least until I found out that it didn't stop or handle too well in the turns. Memories............