• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mid-Life Crisis?

Phireman

Jedi Hopeful
Well, I traded my Ford Ranger for a '99 Miata today. Hope that doesn't get me shunned by the board. Still have my '77 Midget. Now I can fit all of my vehicles in the garage although the Midget has to go in sideways.

MGNoir

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Heheh - sometimes I contemplate that too - but more as a "mid life reliable driver" crisis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

caseyjones955

That 3 or 5 series convertable is looking really good, Can I have a midlife crisis at just under 40?

fmichaels

Jedi Knight
no shame here, considered that about 2 years ago and bought a dodge with a hitch to tow my sprite around.

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Can I have a midlife crisis at just under 40?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my 0.02. If the average human life expectancy is 80 something, then ten years either side of the middle (40) is an acceptable range. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Country flag
Besides, if you want a crisis just wait til the wife finds out about your blonde bimbo girlfriend that's younger than your own daughter.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

...makes hiding in the garage playing with your toys all the time seem a little more agreeable.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Keeping an LBC is expensive, but much cheaper than child support, I'd rather replace thrust washers and rear seals before I face the wrath of her indoors.

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I traded my Ford Ranger for a '99 Miata today. Hope that doesn't get me shunned by the board. Still have my '77 Midget. Now I can fit all of my vehicles in the garage although the Midget has to go in sideways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the club - I traded my daily driver for a '01 Miata. No tar or feathers yet ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Bugeye_Al

Country flag
He He - When my Bugeye project wasn't moving along quickly enough (still isn't) I had the bug for a convertible to drive. Instant gratification disease required the purchase of a '99 Miata also. Five years later I'm still working on the Bugeye and have put 50,000 enjoyable miles on the Miata.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I'd go the Miata route for a daily driver, but can't figure out how to fit my upright bass and amp in it to get to gigs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
I'd go the Miata route for a daily driver, but can't figure out how to fit my upright bass and amp in it to get to gigs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh - drop the top and set them in the passenger seat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Tho I admit I did have some problems with the plywood I needed the other day ...

jhorton3

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I miss my 93 Miata as a daily driver. Easy top to work, great gas mileage, and reliable. Drew, upright won't fit in Miata. Tried that. Switched to a Hofner that fit perfectly in the back window, and a BXR 100 amp.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Amp would fit (small Mesa Boogie) but I need the upright for jazz gigs. Someday I'll get a good electric upright, but they're a little spendy. Besides, my daily driver has to live outside, so the Hyundai is just going to have to hang around a while longer. One convertible at a time.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Only temporarily, Zimmy, only temporarily. I have to keep that in mind, or I'll start getting ideas...